Selective Services Letter

hori75

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

just called today the Selective Services office and was told that they are processing requests received on or before December 15th.

Still waiting for mine, requested January 5-6, 2009.

Good Luck!

Hi all,

just called today the Selective Services office and was told that they are processing requests received on or before December 15th.

Still waiting for mine, requested January 5-6, 2009.

Good Luck!

I requested mines that same week and received letter and card 2weeks later...
I'm in the NYC area....

I sent my request on the 22nd of Dec. Nothing yet so I sent another application request out to them. Not sure why they take so long in this age of computers.

I requested mines that same week and received letter and card 2weeks later...
I'm in the NYC area....

So in your case I take it that you didn't need to register based on age and date of entry into teh US? Or did you already register when you were between 18 and 26?

over 25

Hi Jac2005

I entered the US for the first time on a biz visa (B1) when I was 5 days before my 26th birthday.

I came back on an H1B visa after 26. I sent them copies after my passports and visa stamps and waiting for their status letter.

Hori

I registered when I turned 18... Lost the original card, so i requested a copy...

I think that explains why the reply came that quick. If you had registered with them its easy for them to retrieve your status and return that information quickly. In my case I came to the US when I was 28 on a non-immigrant visa. So I had no need to register. However, it takes them longer to verify that....so lucky you..:)

Hi Jac2005

I entered the US for the first time on a biz visa (B1) when I was 5 days before my 26th birthday.

I came back on an H1B visa after 26. I sent them copies after my passports and visa stamps and waiting for their status letter.

Hori

Looks like your case is like mine. We didn't need to register. I sent the same evidence as you did. Lets hope they send something before our interviews. Else hope for an understanding IO...:)

selective service card

This is a different question, but related. If one is registered with Selective Service and have a card to that effect, does he need to send a copy of that SS Card along with the Naturalization application? I know it is not a requirement, but is it advised? Thank you.

No, you do not need to send it to USCIS. But you need to select YES on question 33, disclose date registered and selective service number.... :D

Received Status Info Letter from SSS

I had sent in my request to get SIL from SSS on Jan 16, 2009 and today I received it. It took 2 months and 10 days to receive the letter.