selective service will they deny us citizenship

jolly7866

hi
how are you?i just have a question and need your help.i had interview for citizen shipe yesterday and they passedme but asked me foe selective service regestration number.i had no idea what was the i was unaware of it.now i m more than 26 and can't register can you tell me will they denied my application for this reason or can i apply it in other state than ny and can u help if i need your services.please help

Thanks

jolly7866 said:
hi
how are you?i just have a question and need your help.i had interview for citizen shipe yesterday and they passedme but asked me foe selective service regestration number.i had no idea what was the i was unaware of it.now i m more than 26 and can't register can you tell me will they denied my application for this reason or can i apply it in other state than ny and can u help if i need your services.please help

Thanks

If you are over 31 years old, your failure to register is beyond the five year look back period for good moral character and they should not deny solely based on your failure to register. If you are under 31 years old, and you are not naturalizing based on marriage to a USC (which has a 3 year look back period for good moral character rather than five) you should expect a denial.

Can you tell me how does this MORAL CHARACTER issue comes into play when you didnt register for SS? I ve got a misdemeanor with charges dismissed. I was over 26 years of age when my status was adjusted to that of a permanent resident. Will this result in permanent ban from citizenship?