Selective Service Letter timeline

johnnybhai

Registered Users (C)
Hello - How long does it typically take for the letter from selective service to send that you did not have to register for it. I do have most of the documentation to say that I did not have to register for it but I am not sure whether I have enough time for them to send me the letter to that effect.

Also, if I don't get the letter can the IO accept the documentation I have to make sure I did not have to register for it. Please let me know your experience in this area.

thanks

johnnybhai said:
Hello - How long does it typically take for the letter from selective service to send that you did not have to register for it. I do have most of the documentation to say that I did not have to register for it but I am not sure whether I have enough time for them to send me the letter to that effect.

Also, if I don't get the letter can the IO accept the documentation I have to make sure I did not have to register for it. Please let me know your experience in this area.

thanks
According to many people on this forum it should not take more that 2 weeks. The Selective Service form states 5-6 weeks.

I have been waiting for 2.5 weeks. It was the holidays so I guess the delay.

If you need anything from Selective Service read the form and instructions carefully and send send them the documents right away. (Before your Interview).

It is pretty quick. I applied before the holidays (around 21 Dec or so) and recd mine today.