Seems like a good news...

mygcwaiter100

Registered Users (C)
Just saw all these people getting 2nd FP notice and all at the same time. This seems like starting of a good news.

What i can understand is that BCIS is finally reviewing the 485 application for employment basis and have ordered the 2nd finger print to get the ball rolling....

Anybody things differently....?

hope u r right. it will take some time before we see flood of approvals. hang on there, fellows!:(

Well technically the speed has already doubled. Also it has halved, since 0 * 2 = 0 and 0 * 0.5 = 0.

2nd FP is generated by a machine, might be a move to appease the crowds. I'll believe in actual progress when I see approvals.

s

2nd FP's and RFE's are precursors to approvals. The approval rate might pick up but the backlog is far from getting removed unless 15 adjudicators are not allocated. My take is that the security checks and other things are just an excuse. Initially when they had 15 adjudicators things wree ok. if they have enough adjudicators even with security checks it is ok.

(originally posted at Project Ocean supporting thread)

According to gc0299's thread,
many people received 2nd FP notice recently.

It was mentioned in the minutes of CSC/NAFSA Liaison Meeting, September 18, 2003 as Tasse originally posted:
question by NAFSA
Many people with pending I-485 applications at CSC had their prints taken more than 15 months ago. In light of the fact that the print is only valid for 15 months, would you like a list of those individuals with expired prints so that they may be sent another print notice? We can also provide you with the date that the print was taken at an ASC.
answer by CSC
We are well aware of expiring fingerprints. We will begin full adjudication of the I-485's in October. We have been promised additional resources. Mid September we will run a report which will give us all the expired prints as well as the ones that are still current. With that information we will have the contractor schedule people for fingerprints. If it is discovered at the time that the officer adjudicates the case, he/she will schedule and if needed issue an RFE at the same time. Everyone should be advised to pay close attention to these notices and follow the instructions closely. No additional fee will be requested except for those applicants who have now turned 14 and need to be printed.
This minutes also mentioned:
the CSC began full adjudication of the I-485's in October and the CSC had been promised additional resources (by whom?).

According to the Project Kashmir,
the CSC is adjudicating 100 cases per week (400 cases per month) in October,
and this pace almost equals to ones in the last six months.
I believe this slow pace is "full adjudication" that the CSC promised in the minutes.
(originally posted at Silly Man's "Oct 17nth" thread)

Again, we definitely need (at least) 15 adjudicators dedicated to EB I-485 cases at the CSC,
and these officers will not be allocated automatically if we are just waiting.
-kashmir

Well. All I was thinking of is soo many FP 2 notices so there is someone doing work or planning to do work on 485.

If the case is that no one was bothered like in past of the approval at CSC then why even bother sending the FP 2 notice. They were lagging in that too.

We have only come 20 days past 1st Oct so you one cannot see a tremendous progress, but what we can see is a good sign that at least they are bothering to send the FP notice.

Personally I dont think things are gonna move must fast till the year end but hopefully next year...lets see..just my thouts...

mygcwaiter100 - I think you are right to disassociate the re-fingerprinting from officers looking at cases.

It looks like the BCIS have looked at cases up to the JIT date (and maybe slightly beyond) where FPs have expired (at least on a computer run). The re-fingerprints at least mean that when officers do look at the cases, there won't be a re-FP delay on all of them.

No guarantees about when the cases really will be adjudicated !

It is a Good news that BCIS is atleast started sending the notice for the 2nd FP for those whose 1st FP is expired.

If they are really interested in approving the cases, they have to Simultaneously approve the cases where the 1st FP is not yet expired.(meaning, 1st FP is within the 15 month period(valid) and the cases within their JIT processing date. For example ND is Dec 13, 2001 and the 1st FP date is Sep 15, 2002.)

If we don't see many approvals within the next 1 or 2 weeks then their intention of sending the 2nd FP notice is not for Approving the cases. In otherwords it is just a process or another delaying method.

Wait for the approvals, the issual or NOT, of which, is the only sure fire indicator of things in BCIS. Everything else is blowing smoke up our asses!

spam

I think, it's illegal to store someone's fingerprints outside of law enforcement facilities like police or FBI and w/o any connection to criminal conduct. Otherwise, this is invasion of privacy rights.

Actually it is not the FPs that expire it is the security check that expires. The validity of the security check that they make based on the FP is valid of 15 months (I dont know the whys and wherfores for that). As some one rightly said BCIS doesnt (or may be cant) store FPs so they have to do the FPs again after the 15 month period.

My 2 cents only.

FHN

FP2 is mostly automatic. Re: Seems like a good news...

Originally posted by mygcwaiter100
Just saw all these people getting 2nd FP notice and all at the same time. This seems like starting of a good news.

What i can understand is that BCIS is finally reviewing the 485 application for employment basis and have ordered the 2nd finger print to get the ball rolling....

Anybody things differently....?

2nd FP

I have Not received my 2nd FP notice Yet. My first FP was done in April 2002, ND is in Jan 2002. On my right thumb i developed a corn/wort couple of months back and i visited the doctor last week, he says it will take 2 -3 months for the corn to be removed medically without surgery. Will my FP be accepted with the corn (which is 3mm is diameter grown on the thumb). Anyone can throw some of their views.
thanks

Re: 2nd FP

Originally posted by gc-02
Will my FP be accepted with the corn (which is 3mm is diameter grown on the thumb). Anyone can throw some of their views.thanks
Off topic post, you might want to repost in its own thread for it to get better attention.

But to answer your question, there is a good chance that they might refuse to take your fingerprints if they cannot get clear prints from your thumbs. In which case you will be rescheduled to after your thumb recovers.

Honestly though, if the problem is going to be resolved within 2 months, I think you have no cause to worry. You still haven't received your second FP notice, and even if it comes within the next 3-4 weeks, FP will be scheduled only 3-4 weeks after receipt of notice. So your thumb should have enough time to heal. Don't sweat it!