Seems it not the name checks which is holding cases?

and them EB3 visa again run out, your checks need to be done again..nice endless loop

lcvirginia2002 said:
Hi, guys,

I called VSC today using the national customer service (1-800) number. And the rep told me that my cases are still pending for security check. So I asked her whether the security check means "checks with extenal agencies" or "VSC internal check." She said she doesn't have that type of information. But she said, " it (my 485 application) came back a few weeks ago. It is now in the security check room."

I have no idea of what she means when she said that it came back a few weeks ago. From where back to VSC? So I asked her how long it would usually take for this "secuity check" and she said it is usually from 30 days (min) to 6 months (max). Then she told me to wait and be patient.

I am EB3 case and visa number is not available for me now. But at least, I hope all of my "security checks" would clear soon in the next a few months. Anyone out there has heard the same thing when talking to VSC (that your case came back a few weeks ago)?

Good luck to every EB3 outthere!

I too got response "required to have routine security checks"

Friends,

I too got the same response from VSC.

“The processing of your petition/application has been delayed. All petitions/applications received by this service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of petitions/applications. We can give no definite indication of when they will be completed. We apologize for the delay.”

Experts what do you think with this response from VSC, Please advise.

1. Name Check

or

2. IBIS (Interagency Border Inspection Systems) Check

Thanks for all your inputs.

CLUB-4

Last time when I talked with Vermont reps, and was told that my case is stuck in security check, I particularly asked them is it with the FBI.

She said YES. So may be they call both of them security checks, but I know that my one is still with the FBI - for last 22 months.

I understand that the FBI name check can take a very long time. In case of an IDENT (name and DOB match), the issue is resolved quicker, but in case of a HIT (close name and close DOB match), it takes longer. If the information is available in the FBI automated system, a HIT is resolved quicker than if it needs to be checked manually by going thro' files.

My question is that, does IBIS follow the same procedure? What happens in case of an HIT on IBIS. I don't believe that they go thro' a manual check procedure like FBI. So why should it take this long to do a name check in IBIS?

Where does one follow up IBIS or CIA checks status

bambooshoot said:
I understand that the FBI name check can take a very long time. In case of an IDENT (name and DOB match), the issue is resolved quicker, but in case of a HIT (close name and close DOB match), it takes longer. If the information is available in the FBI automated system, a HIT is resolved quicker than if it needs to be checked manually by going thro' files.

My question is that, does IBIS follow the same procedure? What happens in case of an HIT on IBIS. I don't believe that they go thro' a manual check procedure like FBI. So why should it take this long to do a name check in IBIS?

Security Check

Guys,
I am also on the same boat as all of you, I talk to the lady in Vermont Service Center, She told me that my FBI name check is cleared but its waiting on internal name check and she can not give me any definite timeframe as when it can be expected to be done. Can someone tell me what it this EB3 visa expiration deals? , mine is applied in EB3 category too. Is it something specific to Service Center? Does this mean no one is getting I-485 approval from VSC at this time? I would appreciate a reply.
Thanks,

Hi,
I called Vermont Service Center last week, A lady told me that my I-485 case is waiting on security check. I also got the dame mail same from VSC three days ago:

“The processing of your petition/application has been delayed. All petitions/applications received by this service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of petitions/applications. We can give no definite indication of when they will be completed. We apologize for the delay.”

Is this IBIS check or FBI check? Thanks.

zchen,
This is definite indication that your IBIS is pending.

zchen said:
Hi,
I called Vermont Service Center last week, A lady told me that my I-485 case is waiting on security check. I also got the dame mail same from VSC three days ago:

Is this IBIS check or FBI check? Thanks.

zchen,

I got the same response from USCIS on my status enquiry. On calling them, the rep. said that it is stuck in FBI name check and not IBIS. I cannot be certain, since FBI has stopped responding to email enquiries and I had sent an email to FBI in March. So now, the only way to find out is to go thro' a congressman or senator.