seeking urgent help (other relatives in usa)

anmols52

Hello,

I'm an incoming masters student for Spring 2022 and I have my F1 visa appointment lined up this month.

My niece is a USA citizen by birthright. However, she is a 5 months old baby and currently residing here in India with her parents (both of them are Indian citizens). Now my niece has no intentions of moving to the USA, at least until she is 18 years old.

So do I need to select yes or No for the following question?
Do you have any other relatives in USA?

As per my naive understanding, since she is not currently residing in USA, i should select No. But would really appreciate some expert advice from you guys

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the prompt response @Sm1smom. Would really appreciate if you could reply to the following questions :)

1) If the officer asks me during the interview if any of my relatives or family members are in USA...should I say No? Or do I need to walk him/her through about my niece?
2) Is there a possibility that they can do the background check and establish the ties between me and my nephew?

I just do not want to come across someone who’s hiding information and jeopardise my chances of getting the visa.

Thanks again :)

You’re over analyzing. If the CO ask do you have a relative in the US, based on what you’ve described above, the right response will be NO. There’s no lie in that. It is not the same as asking do you have a USC relative or do you have anyone who is a USC.