Security review

MDwatch

Registered Users (C)
:confused: Just called NSC and was told that my case is still pending security review. I asked if that meant that my case was still pending at the FBI and was told that she couldn't discuss that. She was nice and that's more than I ever got out of NSC. She also said that visa number had really run out this time which we alreasdy new ....

So I guess my next step is going to be Infopass to find out if I did clear the FBI namecheck.

Anyone has more info on security review i.e. where does the FBI stand in that timeline ?

I got responses in July and August that my FBI name check was completed.

When I called NSC 2 weeks back, I got exactly same reply as pending security checks not revealing whether they are internal or external.

Recent infopass on September 18th repsonse was every thing is clear on my case and pending for spouse.

:confused: Just called NSC and was told that my case is still pending security review. I asked if that meant that my case was still pending at the FBI and was told that she couldn't discuss that. She was nice and that's more than I ever got out of NSC. She also said that visa number had really run out this time which we alreasdy new ....

So I guess my next step is going to be Infopass to find out if I did clear the FBI namecheck.

Anyone has more info on security review i.e. where does the FBI stand in that timeline ?

Guys,

Background Check is an internal process. Nothing connected to FBI. FBI only handles Name Check and Criminal Background check. When ever a case is taken up for adjudcation, USCIS will run the background check through various agencies systems and if everything is clear, then they will assign to a senior officer for adjudication.

If your PD are current, then you can go ahead and file Form 7001 with USCIS Ombudsman.

Hope this info will help. Also you can go through various threads on Immigration Portal by searching for "Name Check", "Background Check" and Ombudsman" etc.

Wish you all good luck.

sail1