Security Clearance

TigerWoody

Registered Users (C)
I was fingerprinted on March 4, 2003 and interviewed on March 11, 2003. However, at the interview, the case officer informed me that my background-check came out OK, but additional security clearance is needed, so he couldn't stamp my passport (I-551). I'd like to know if anyone has gone through this process and how long does it take? I've read somewhere, saying that there's a 20-day waiting period. I'm very anxious because I'm from one of the special registration's countries, due to end on April 28, 2003. I really appreciate all you guys' help!!

My family were interviewed at the end of January, 2003 at Seattle. My wife and I were approved and our passpoarts were stamped on the same day. It has been more than 2 months since then, but my son, 14, is still waiting for approval due to the same reason, security clearance. Good luck on your case.:(

I-485 pending

I was fingerprinted in the beginning of December 2002 and interviewed mid-month. I was told the same thing about security clearance at the end of the interview. I have heard nothing since from the Chicago district office. Best of luck!

Thank You

Thank you guys for your information. I guess there's not much I can do now but wait. Ramos, is yours through family or marriage??? Chuang, thanks again.

Security Clerance

We are also in same boat. My dad applied for adjustment of status on March 12th and he was told the same thing about security clearance. He was cleared of the fingerprints on January 23rd by FBI. Please keep us all posted when any of us get any new news from INS.

Thanks

Issued

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received my permanent residence approval letter in the mail today. It took approximately 220 days from RD to approval. I will still have to wait a few months for the card, but I can get the I-551 stamp right away. This was all processed through Chicago. Best of luck to all and please forward any questions you may have. :)

Congratulation...

Ramos, Congratulation on your approval!! Enjoy your freedom to travel and do other things.....

Need help

I just got married two months ago, and I didn't start my papers yet. I also have to do the special registration. If anyone knows it would be a good thing to start the papers before the registration or is it better to just leave the country? Please reply. Thanks.

Attorney

code, my suggestion is to consult with a good attorney. I mean, GOOD ATTORNEY!! It's a really difficult question, and I think only a good attorney can give you an appropriate answer. Don't jeopardize your chances by relying answer(s) from this message board. Good Luck!!

Adjustment of Status/Got the Approval

Hi,
I just wanted to drop a line saying that my dad just got his approval. He was told that his secrity clerance was not available when he went for interview in march. He got his approval letter last week May 12th. They said that green card is in mail and if he wants he can get his passport stanped. So folks hang in there.
Good Luck.