Security Clearance

OCI and Federal and/or State jobs

Hey Guys,

I have quick question for gurus here.

I have been told by one of my friend that for Federal/State jobs it asks if you hold dual citizenship. If yes, then might not be eligible for it.

I understand, OCI is NOT dual citizenship...but would it cause any issues?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

OCI is not dual citizenship, just a permanent visa to visit and live in India. Federal agencies have recognized this and not being a problem with sensitive and/or clearance jobs.

It's an interesting question -- some of my friends working in the local DC Federal Job market have voiced this too stating that they were apprehensive about getting Security Clearances with an OCI so opted out. Not sure whether it's just a suspicion but it maybe good to get some input from people who actually have OCI and went through the Security Clearance process. Also there are different types and levels of clearances, so to dig deep one may have to stratify at that level.

Hey Guys,

I have quick question for gurus here.

I have been told by one of my friend that for Federal/State jobs it asks if you hold dual citizenship. If yes, then might not be eligible for it.

I understand, OCI is NOT dual citizenship...but would it cause any issues?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks for the quick responses. After searching on this topic i found different opinions about this..
The following link gives lot of Secuirty clearence applications and responses...

www dod.mil/dodgc/doha/industrial/

Thanks.

Very informative link.... my take is that if one is in a federal job stream where clearances are key for higher rates or are a prerequisite, then one should not raise flags or delays by applying for OCI. There is enough anecdotal evidence suggesting that OCI or dual citizenship can create issues/delays then why take that risk.

You can always get a 10 year visa; even with OCI there is no permanence as one has to transfer the U-Visa to new passports every 10 years!! Only important differentiator is that you don't need to register in India for stays longer than 6 months -- chances are if you have DOD Security Clearances you'll most probably not consider jobs in India or visits or stays longer then 6 months.

Thx

Thanks for the quick responses. After searching on this topic i found different opinions about this..
The following link gives lot of Secuirty clearence applications and responses...

www dod.mil/dodgc/doha/industrial/

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Friends,
I am a naturalized US citizen and having a Security interview next week and I have couple of questions.
1) They have asked me to surrender my indian passport which I do not have problem with. My dilemma is, After surrendering my indian passport will I be able to get visa to India from Indian embassy as it also asks to surrender indian passport which I won't be able to provide?
2) Do I have to show my foreign accounts (old joint account with my parents) on the standard form 86 (SF-86)? I've been in US for more than 9 years now.

Please help me if you have any idea. Thanks,

SuMehta
I am in the planning stages of switching careers, from GOV work to driving. I have to make this transition smartly, pay some debt, save some money and sell my home here in San Diego and relocate to another state. I am looking at relocating to a non-income tax state (Washington, Nevada, Wyoming, or Texas). Of course, earn my CDL. Are there companies that hire new drivers with security clearances? If so do they pay any more than others for inexperienced drivers?