Security Clearance

ravekiss

Registered Users (C)
I have a simple question. I have a cousin that had an AOS interview a few weeks back but did not get a stamp in their passports. He got a written note from the officer stating Pending I-485. He was told that all his documents and everything else was ok and once he passed the security clearance, he'll get his card. He asked me to find out what the expected waiting time was to get this clearance and the card. Did anyone here have a similar experience to this? Please share your experiences...

Last edited by a moderator:
the security clearance the the officer mentioned is the FBI back ground check. There is no fixed time limit on how long it can take. I guess it just depends on your luck. I dont mean to discourage you but i know of people in this forum who are stuck on that check from 2001.So just hang in there and pray. By the way i am in the same situation as your cousin. If you want more information on the check search on FBI background check and i am sure you can find a lot of information on this forum

So now they are stamping "Pending I-485" in the passport? My passport does not have this stamp. How is it beneficial? Does anybody else have this stamp?

EricNeesGC said:
So now they are stamping "Pending I-485" in the passport? My passport does not have this stamp. How is it beneficial? Does anybody else have this stamp?

Its not at stamp at all...the officer hand writes it along with his signature. I dont know what benefit it has, if any! :confused:

Could he go get police clearances from all U.S. jurisdictions he has lived in the past five years? I know someone on this board or another board did that....and they took that as the clearance.

Hi, I am in the same situation. I got my passport stamped, not signed. In february 2006 it will be 1 year that I am waiting...

same boat

Ravekiss: i am on the same boat as you. Same DO (Garden City). Same security clearance issue. I interviewed today. Did the officer tell you to write to him/her if you don't get your security clearance within 90 days? Mine did.

I have the same sitiation i had interviewed on July 2004 because of the FBI clearance i am still waiting.Mine is EB3 categiry in NYC.
Sorry.There is nothing you can do but waiting.

The officer wrote her name and my case status on the last page of my passport. She said to write to her with a copy of the passport and her note if I don't hear anything within 90 days. She also said don't bother to call her. Writing only.