Security Clearance

Hi Kabish

Sorry to hear that. As far as I know, those two GCs shouldn't be a problem. I have 2 other friends, they applied 485 Mar 2004 and are still stuck. They didn't apply CAN GC.

Are you still looking for jobs? I think you can use EAD to look for jobs right?

thanks

Kabish, most likely cis won't be able to find our your job status as long as you and your ex-employer both keep quiet..but if an interview occurs for some reason, that could mean trouble.

AP has nothing to do with it. I travelled 10 times witihn 6 months....

AP has nothing to do with it. I travelled 10 times witihn 6 months and nothinigs changed.

kuoweiwang said:
I don't think applying for CAN GC has anything to do with US GC. Can you elaborate why you think it matters? My friend applied both and got his both GCs already.

I think it matters when we change I-94 at the canadian border. Anybody changed their I-94 at the border and got the name check cleared. Please post. Lets try to find a pattern

HI,

Excuse me for asking this basic question..
What is name check?. Is it different from Fingerprint procedure?..
How do I know that my name check is done/pending ???.
IF the status says "your finger print results are recevied" means my name check is done ??

thanks for your time...

venkatram said:
I think it matters when we change I-94 at the canadian border. Anybody changed their I-94 at the border and got the name check cleared. Please post. Lets try to find a pattern

Stuck in FBI clearance

Yes Venkat. I had also applied for Canadian immigration and now got stuck in FBI clearance. However my storey is differnt. I had applied for Canadian immigration from India in 2001. When I moved to US, I asked Canadian High comiision Delhi to transfer my file to Bufalo, which they did. The Canadian consulate in Bufalo then sent me forms for medical exam and asked to get police clearance done. Which I never did, as I was going to file for the AOs in USA.
Do you think that still this application to Canada could be a culprit in my case????

Last edited by a moderator: