Security Check Wait Time at INS offices

to waitinglong.....

hi!...where did you get the charlotte number from ...I tried the number but it does not seem to be the right one......

please help....

thanks....

Sorry about that! I got the number from a web page! If it was not the right number, I apologize!!.

Today, I called the INS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 to get the contact number for INS Arlington. But, they didn\'t give the number out. I believe, to get information on a case at INS local office, the only way is to walk-in. Atleast, that seems to be case for Arlington.

Newark is stamping now. So, you may finish your PP stamping before you move to Charlotte. Good luck with your PP stamping.

Arlington Experience Today

Went for stamping of passport today. The lady took a look at all the documents and returned them to us. She said that we will be sent a notice when the security check was completed, and we should bring the documents back at that time with passports. She wrote down our current address for mailing purposes. She then took our signature and right index finger print. The entire process took 5 minutes. So I gueess there is another "pain-in -the-ass" waiting period. She did say that we should get the notice within 2-4 weeks. The only plus point is that the notice will come with a date and a time so we don\'t have to stand in the line again. But then we Indians are the best at doing that I guess. Even today the first guy in line was an Indian.

Thanks for the info! I hope this thing will take care of itself in a few weeks!

Let us just be patient and go about our lives. Good luck.

I saw 2-3 Russian guys like me too in the line ;-) We are all in the same boat !

I saw 2-3 Russian guys like me too in the line ;-) We are all in the same boat !

Thanks for the info

Guys keep posting your latest experiences.

wish INS can give us a break from all this pranks.