Security check or name check?

EB2Waiter

Registered Users (C)
Today I got a letter from NSC which replied my inquiry last week.

It states:

We are currently awaiting the results of required security checks on this case. These background checks are required of all who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the security checks are complete.

It's name check or security check? What's the difference?

Also it says my case is Outside Processing Time. I think it should be Inside Processing Time since both my 485 processing time and PD are current. Did I miss something here?

How should I contact my congressman office to do something? I am in Washington state. Thanks for your reply!

I had the same kind of reply (Outside Processing Time delay) PD Jan '03. I140/485 Jul 04. Please post your dates as well. God will help us!!!!

My dates:

EB2 RIR
China
PD: Aug. 2002
140/485: ND Jun 2005
140 AD: Jun 2005
First EAD/AP AD: July 2005
FP: code 3, Aug 2005
Second EAD/AP: Pending
485: Pending security check

Security Check and Name Check seems to be the same. Name checks are done for security reasons.

Outside processing time implies you are not in the normal processing time dates as USCIS website displays for regular applications.

Once they receive your background check results, your application will be processed "outside" of regular processing and results will be mailed to you.

I WISH I COULD WORK FOR USCIS!

FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING : TALK TO A USCIS OFFICER . USE INFOPASS.

Thanks. I am thinking to contact congressman office

So looks Outside Processing Time is not a bad thing somehow. It means somebody is ready to take care of it as soon as FBI things are done.

Hi All
I too got a mail from USCIS in reponse to my phone call to USCIS.
They said my case is stuck in FBI Background check.

I contacted the seattle senator and I got a similar reply from his office that my case is stuck in FBI Background check.

Donno whether FBI Background check is Namecheck or Security check?
Does this mean that my Namecheck is cleared?

Thanks
Pinke