Security Check Is True

Chandi

Registered Users (C)
I went to Newark INS office today for stamping our Passports. After waiting for more than 3 hours we were able to go to a counter. As usual they took all the documents..pringer prints...but finally we were ask to wait another 35 days till they finish nation wide background security check. We will be informed within next 35 days to come to the office to stamp our passport. We received a paper with our name, date, A-number and another EAC number to bring with us when we come to the INS office. It says exactly:
     "Effective immediately the INS now requires that all applications go through a background security check before the application receives any type of benefit. This is INS requirement that is nation-wide.
      The INS will notify you by mail at a later date when to return to this INS office."

No Title

If they want to use IBIS, why not use that at VSC before the approval is sent out.

Any one knows if thay have these computers in the philly INS office?

Yes this is a nuisance, but once the system is implemented..

This might be for the cases which were sent approval before the new security system was implemented, so this is an intermediate problem.

Once the system is up they will do the security check at the Service Centers and not while stamping, as it looks stupid to do it again and again.

As it is no one can tell by looking that the person has a criminal background, until one is in the 10 most wanted persons.

My 3 cents

How long is \'intermediate\'?

My 0.02: Agreed, intermediate, but \'intermediate\' from an INS perspective may be undefined. Keep in mind, most of the local offices don\'t even have the equipment! if the news item is to be believed. They need to procure the equipment (computers), get trained and then go ahead with the verification process. Quoting from the news item in Washington post, this is happening to legal aliens who are here for legitimate reasons. Contrast this with the lobbying going on that may end up in the offer of citizenship/ legitimacy to about 3 million illegal immigrants to live in the U.S! while we continue to work on H1/ EAD and pay taxes to support them. I hope AILA jumps in to help INS provide for travel at the least... while the security check goes on. This is summer time and most families may be planning on spending time with their loved ones abroad.

No Title

My RD was 7/10/01 and ND was 8/22/01. I485 was approved on 5/2/02. According to my lawyer my papers has been go through the recent security check at VSC. It dosen\'t matter whether VSC did security check or not, when any kind of immigaration papers go to any other local INS office, nation wide, they are going to do their own security check. It is their own responsibility. It is true that right now all the local offices do not have necessary equipments. After they install them, they will be able to do the check at the same time, when you were there.
  Yesterday I went to Newark INS at 7.30a.m. After waiting for about 2 hours time, they removed everybody for a fire drill. More than 500 people were there yesterday. After another 1/2 an hour time, they took about 1/2 of the people in and asked others to leave the premises. They took our AP\'s,I94s, and took only a photocopy of EAD, and return the approval notice.

No Title

Did they give any idea about background checks? What exactly would be the process of background security check?

is this the only case which the INS center told to wait ? Anyone else have the same kind of experie

Boston Passport Stamping

Can anyone share Boston INS passport stamping experience, I would appreciate it.