Security Check / Clearance ??

BAGUSAC

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

VSC guys are really helpful and great !
I just got an update about my 485 processing, but I am perplexed about what this means and how long the wait would be as i could not gather from it.
Hopefully you gurus out there can help me out.
This is what it said.

"You case has been delayed, we are currently waiting for a security check and clearance on your case once we get that info we will update you on the decision that we made about your case " ?????

What does this mean.

Thanks
BAGUSAC

that means "You are stuck! Don't call us again!"....

that is a sad true... you are stuck, like many of us... :(

I am sure that point was imperative by the response I got from them, I was looking at any response or posting which stated the time for security checks to be cleared.
Is there any one in the forum who might have seen the visibility of the check raised and what was the timeline to clear it, and if it was was the end of the road or was there any other steps yet to be fulfilled.

Thanks,
BAGUSAC

there is no timeline.
some are stuck for more than 4 years, it is the longest I heard...like, 4.5 years.

I am stuck for more than 2 years now and my wife's one was cleared the day it was sent. People will tell you different things...but to sum it all up...
there is NOTHING you can do about it...

On a positive note, last time I talked with FBI last month or so, they told me that they were trying to clear backlogs in next 90 days...they said something similar in June...and in August too....you get the point...

same here. I heard FBI stopped replying emails and started working on backlogs some time in Sept., not it has been 3 months. it seems no effects. nobody knows what there are doing now.

Thanks for your inputs you guys.

I think the most important point that stands out is tha for background or security check the wait is long and we are looking at 1 yr - 2yr :mad: and emails and calls to FBI is taking forever.

I don't know how to summarize but is there any website which has the stats like immigrationwatch.com e.t.c

Is this the same as name verification process with FBI or there any other names to this.

Thanks,
BAGUSAC

I see that several people are stuck in security check stage. My situation is similar - my wife's check was done the same day and since got her GC. It's been over year and no progress on my Secutiry Check and meanwhile the retrogression issue it.

I sent emails to FBI but no response. I heard that if dependants are also on H1 it takes much longer (kind of a stupid reason - but any flimsy reason is worth hanging on to when there's none)

Can somebody put together a tracker.

why not send a expedite request to FBI?

I sent a name check expedite request letter and attached a copy of FOIPA result to FBI for my dependant. My spouse name check was cleared and received approval notice two months after the letter by snail mail. I used the template from the forum. You should be able to find the template by searching name check or expedite request in the forum. Good luck every one.

Reachsky

reachsky said:
I sent a name check expedite request letter and attached a copy of FOIPA result to FBI for my dependant. My spouse name check was cleared and received approval notice two months after the letter by snail mail. I used the template from the forum. You should be able to find the template by searching name check or expedite request in the forum. Good luck every one.

Reachsky

I did send an expedite request to FBI in February, attached FOIPA 'no record', no response, and name check is still pending. So, looks like this does not always help...

Security Check / Clerance Tracker - Please Post Here !

Hi Folks,

Looks like 80% of the pending cases fall under this category now.
" Security Check / Clearance Pending "

Can you please use this thread to track any approved and responded ones so that other can benefit from it.
Please post your trail of corresponding if possible.

Thanks for your patience to stop and reply.

BAGUSAC

compass said:
I did send an expedite request to FBI in February, attached FOIPA 'no record', no response, and name check is still pending. So, looks like this does not always help...
Compass:
Did you request personally or through your employer/sponsor? Thank you.

Streamflow said:
Compass:
Did you request personally or through your employer/sponsor? Thank you.

I did request personally.
I do not have a sponsor, my I-140 was a self petition.

BAGUSAC said:
Hi Folks,

Looks like 80% of the pending cases fall under this category now.
" Security Check / Clearance Pending "

Can you please use this thread to track any approved and responded ones so that other can benefit from it.
Please post your trail of corresponding if possible.

Thanks for your patience to stop and reply.

BAGUSAC

There is another thread
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1312336#post1312336
has a lot of info and tracking on people stuch in name check

Congressman's response

I did write to two senatros and a congressman using a tepmlate from this forum (thanks a lot folks!) and today a lady from the congressman's office called me and told:
- they can do nothing, this is an internal check and it goes as it supposed to;
- (my Q: it is pending more than 2 years - maybe some paperwork is lost or misplaced?) - No it cannot happen, if it happens they (? hmm who) will contact me;
- my case is pending due to the security check and such cases are reviewed ONCE a WEEK to check if the security check is over (wow);
- all I must do it WAIT.
:eek:

Hi Compass,

Where did you read about Security Checks being checked to see if they are cleared or not every week. Is that a fact or you are just assuming.
I am sure things are hectic out there and there are chance of losing but they should have some paper trail or some database to hold your info, your case cannot be lost completely. I am sure security checks is just buying time to come up with some massive backlog and then some final verdict :( GO HOME Thanks for working here.

-Rgds,
BAGUSAC

BAGUSAC said:
I am sure that point was imperative by the response I got from them, I was looking at any response or posting which stated the time for security checks to be cleared.
Is there any one in the forum who might have seen the visibility of the check raised and what was the timeline to clear it, and if it was was the end of the road or was there any other steps yet to be fulfilled.

Thanks,
BAGUSAC
Mine was cleared the day it was sent. I got my GC almost a year back. My wife's has been stuck for the last 2 years and she has not received her GC because of that (and now it is also stuck in retrogression).

Name Check

I called USCIS customer service rep to know the status of my I485 and I was told that it is on "name and birthdate hold". Do you guys think I've also become the name check victim?