Security Check Case Approved

sfbay_area_guy

Registered Users (C)
I think it is... Just got approval email for myself and online status is updated too..

Forget the congrats.. Keep faxing and calling. I actually got a call from the ombudsman then other day.

My case was in namecheck/security check for a long long time now....

Once I get the paper notice i'll update it.. But I hope its not a mistake and is for real :)

The case had gone missing on August 10th came back to the "We replied..." message

WIfe's case is not yet approved.

It is so great!! I am very glad for you. Myself is on the same boat. You give us hope.

Congratulations!!!

Congrats!

Could you please kindly tell some detail?

Like,

1,How long have you been waiting for the "name check"?
2,Do you have a popular last name or first name or combined?
3,What step do think is the most effecitve one you took then made this magic happen?

Thanks in advance,
~A

sfbay_area_guy said:
I think it is... Just got approval email for myself and online status is updated too..

My case was in namecheck/security check for a long long time now....

Congratulations.
How do you know that your case was in Namecheck/security chek?

aolye said:
Could you please kindly tell some detail?

Like,

1,How long have you been waiting for the "name check"?

Very difficult to accurately say that. You will always hear conflicting info from INS. According to one IIO my name check was compelted on Dec. 2002 according to another July 2003 so no idea how long it really was in all that check process

aolye said:
2,Do you have a popular last name or first name or combined?

I have a very simple (but very common) first and last name which should have nothing to do with any security issues at all..

aolye said:
3,What step do think is the most effecitve one you took then made this magic happen?

The most important thing I did was ignored my lawyers. They discouraged me from doing anything. THey discouraged me from talking to lawyers etc. etc.

Congressman Honda's thing didn't help a lot. Even Sen. Fienstein came back with "your case is in security check". But I religiously called every 15 days and asked them (IIO) to put a referral/check on my application. One fine day the ombudsman called me and told me that my case is with an officer for review. At that time my case status went missing too.

I was disappointed when my case came back from missing without an approval but to be honest my hopes were high again. Atleast my case wasn't lost/dead

To answer your question -- i think Senator Feinstein + not beleiving lawyers + phone calls.

Thanks in advance,
~A

Congratulations! Finally!!! With JIT at Jan 03, CIS still working your case seemed a bit freakish already.

sfbay_area_guy said:
To answer your question -- i think Senator Feinstein + not beleiving lawyers + phone calls.

Hi, sfbay_area_guy,

When you made phone calls, which # did you call? 1-800 # or CSC #?

Thanks for sharing.