Secondary Inspection at POE w/o actual GC

MGI

Registered Users (C)
Just curious...do they always send you for a secondary inspection at the POE if you only have a PP stamp and not the physical GC? Happended to me a few days ago and wanted to check if this is standard procedure?

Yesterday I picked up my friend from SFO and he also went for the secondary check. he got his passport stamped but waiting for actual card. He said the secondary check took just few min, though.

MGI said:
Just curious...do they always send you for a secondary inspection at the POE if you only have a PP stamp and not the physical GC? Happended to me a few days ago and wanted to check if this is standard procedure?

I only had the stamp when I arrived at SFO on 9/24 and I did not get sent to secondary inspection.

However, my situation might have been different than others: I was traveling with my wife (she got her card about a week before we traveled) and my newborn daughters, who have US passports. I was asked by the POE officer if I had received my card and I told him that it was mailed to me the day before we left, so no.

When I arrived home, my plastic card was waiting for me in my mailbox.

Last edited by a moderator: