secondary inspection : admissibility review

GCman2005

Banned
I was sent to secondary inspection Lane B which is admissibility review. They knew all my arrival and departure date. For those who think uscis dont know when you re coming or leaving, you are wrong> the lady pull all my travel record and ask me if I was back for good. She also advised me to apply a reentry permit if I want to travel or next time, they will sent me to see an immigration judge.

I am applying for a reentry permit and will come back for fingerprint. My question is, can I still be sent to see am immigration judge if I have fingerpint appointment?

thanks.

I am applying for a reentry permit and will come back for fingerprint. My question is, can I still be sent to see am immigration judge if I have fingerpint appointment?
You mean you will leave the US after applying for the permit, but before the fingerprinting?

That means you won't have the permit next time you arrive in the US, so they might take away your card and set a court date if they want to be harsh with you. However, you will at least have proof that you applied for the permit, so maybe they won't be that harsh.

Yes. Anyone can be sent to secondary anytime. My US born and bred wife has gone to secondary more times than me :)
But he was asking about being sent to an immigration judge, i.e. having his green card confiscated at the airport and having to plead with a judge at a later date to get it back. That's a bigger deal than secondary inspection.

The fingerprint appointment will probably be less than a month after you apply for the reentry permit, so be prepared to return to the US quickly if you leave before receiving the notice.

Or better still, live here permanently :)

Carrying the FP notice will only let the POE officer know that you have applied for a re-entry permit. He/she can still decide that you need to see an IJ and plead your case.

next time i come, I will have my fingerprint notice with me at POE.

I am trying but it is complicated, beleive me. The fact that I apllied for reentry permit should show intent to maintain residency. Unless the guy is a ... , he should let me in.

How long back did you get your GC and how much time have you spent outside the US since you got it? The POE officer will probably take these factors into consideration.

I am trying but it is complicated, beleive me. The fact that I apllied for reentry permit should show intent to maintain residency. Unless the guy is a ... , he should let me in.

Can't you just stay in the US for 3-4 weeks until the FP appointment? Are you really so strongly tied to your overseas activities that you can't spend 1 month in the US?

I plan on staying in december 2009. I ll come for fingerprint and from december, i ll not leave again until citizenship.

which airport did this happen at? I had same experience at JFK. I was not told about the permit, but was told next time i will be sent to immigration judge. I dont know whats the problem. I lived here since 96 and wanted to take care of parents for about a year or so.
what did he write on the admission stamp? I used to have ARC on the passport stamp, but this time her wrote something that i dont understand

Last edited by a moderator:
what did he write on the admission stamp on the passport. They used to write ARC before, but for me he wrote something else, I could not read it, it starts with an A but cant read the other two letters

I still beleive that with a notice for fingerprint, even in front a judge, will shows that I want to maintain LPR status. I have spent between 3 and 4 years outside.

The problem with going infront of a judge is that it is a lengthy legal procedure that may take up to a year. If you leave during that period, it means they achieved their purpose of deporting you.
Is that true?

At the port of entry, if they determine that you abandoned your US residence, they take away your green card and set up a court date to see an immigration judge. Then when your court date arrives, you see the judge (you can bring a lawyer at your own cost) and present your case why you should be allowed to keep your permanent resident status.

The court date will usually be within 1 or 2 months. Those cases that drag out for a year or more are generally those with additional complications like criminal records or people who challenge the removal proceedings with a claim to US citizenship through parents or grandparents so their case needs more time to gather and evaluate the evidence. Or people who keep appealing to the next level and the next level until they give up or the higher court refuses to hear the case. Or people claiming asylum -- these can take really long.

Last edited by a moderator: