Secondary evidence for Marriage

showmetheGC

Registered Users (C)
I just received a RFE for my wife's case for showing secondary evidence for marriage. I was wondering how common this is?
I was told by my lawyer to get an affidavit from my parents. Any experiences with this kind of RFE.

I have the same RFE for marriage certificate and secondary evidence for marriage.

You can give affidavit and secondary evidenace like copy marriage card, marriage photo and paper cuttings (If your marriage photo was published in any paper ), copy of court papers if your marriage is a registered court marriage.

I gave affidavit and copy of marraige card and marriage photo.

hope it will help.

MS186

Thanks

Thanks for the info, it helps. Also, i was told that there is a "strong" possibility that there might be an interview call. Wonder if someone has gone through this and what's the experience been.

I have heard that such affidavit is required if you apply for I485(adjustment of status) before the completion of 2 years of your marriage ceremony. Can you post:

1. When did you marry?
2. Where did you marry? (in USA or outside of USA)
3. How much time lapsed between your marriage and filing of your I485?

Thanks.
And, if you are called for interview, there is one comprehensive list of documents you need to show.

Also, I have heard that if you have some child, then they don't insist for interview.

Please reply so that we can have an idea.

RFE on BC affidavit -- Urgent!

Guys,
While reading some thread I came to know if we had sent the affidavit for as a replacement of birth certificate, do you think that there is chance of getting an RFE? And if we get the RFE, what else do we need to present instead of an affidavit?

Please let me know your response!!

Thanking you in advance!!

I need urgent help

Why USCIS requested from my petitioner wife to provide birth certificates, DNA test for her biological children from her exhusband who are US citizens already?

Why USCIS requested from my petitioner wife to provide birth certificates, DNA test for her biological children from her exhusband who are US citizens already?

Ask in the Family Based Green Cards section: http://forums.immigration.com/forum...ed-Green-Cards-Through-Marriage-or-a-Relative

Please explain the background of the situation so we can figure out how to respond. Are you the only one being petitioned by your wife, what is your immigration status, are you inside or outside the US, have any of her children signed up to be a joint sponsor or household member for the Affidavit of Support, etc.

Thanks to help me

I have five children from my first wife who are listed to be petitioned by my American wife. We married in usa but I am currently out of usa with my children. I don't have any children from my petitioner yet, but she had 4 children from her previous husband and they are all US citizens. I wonder why USCIS requested birth certificates and DNA tests for her children when all of them hold American password. They would not agree to help because they did not accept our merriage.

Last edited by a moderator: