Second security check

ketpin

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know what is second security check? Is it required for everybody? Do they do second security check after the interview before the oath? How long does it take? Also, how many times the oath is being taken per district in a year? How many times the interview being held?

Thanks

The second securtity check is after the interview. The check is called the IBIS check. Actually, IBIS is a system which links databases from many US government systems. Make sure that you have paid fines such as a parking ticket.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply. I had around 5 tickets (speeding and parking). I know there was some inconsistency for removing one of the ticket. Do you have any idea how to check about all tickets received?
Also, are all persons required for second security check? If so, how long we have to wait for oath after it?

Thank you,

I don't know how to check outstanding parking tickets. An IBIS check takes about two weeks. However, it depends how the local BCIS office is processing IBIS checks. Some offices process IBIS checks in a batch at a central office. In this case it takes longer than two weeks.
The law has been changed last year. The BCIS is required to perform an IBIS check for all persons who have applied for naturalization.
It depends where you live in regards to the waiting time for the oath ceremony. Check the web site http://www.visalaw.com . Go to processing times and select local processing times. Look up the district or city where you live. This should give you some idea how long the process is.

Hi ketpin,

You can simply go to your local BMV (Bureau of Motor Vehicles) to request a copy of your driving record. Different states have different names for that agency. Anyway, the BMV probably would not have your complete driving record because they only keep records for 2-4 years. If you don't find the information you need from the BMV, then you can just go to the local court house in the district where you think you got that ticket and request for that information.

Good luck :)