Second RFE on 485, Wonder what it is !!

Vish1348

Registered Users (C)
485 EB3 India.
Received a RFE sometime in July 2006 for the following:
RFE Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"To establish your nonimmigrant status,you must submit a copy of your Form I-94,Nonimmigrant Arrival/Departure Record,issued to you upon your arrival to the United States.

If applicable,include copies of all I-797's issued by this service center granting extensions or changes of non immigrant status.

Please submit proog of your continuous employment authorization in the US from August 2001 till present.Such evidence may include copies of:

EAD
Form I 797 approval notices,showing you were granted status.
Copies of Form I-94, showing you were admitted to the US in an employemnt-authorized non immigrant status"

PD: 08/2003
RD: 09/03/04
ND: 09/13/04

Sent all the documents requested above, now looks like they issued another one as my status message shows:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.

On July 10, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence
and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the
notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will
be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the
opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or
evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made,
or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while
this case is pending, call customer service.

Anyone know of any common RFE's being issued from NSC other than the above ?

Thanks,
Vish

You just have to follow their instructions. They asked me for my Thai birth certificate though I am a Filipino citizen. Neither my Mom or I had the original Thai birth certificate. All we had was the one issued by the Philippine embassy in Thailand. NSC accepted the affidavits we submitted. My brother had 3 RFEs all of the exact same request which the NSC also accepted.

Hopefully its somthing like that ! Thanks Man, i guess ill just to wait and see what it is.

You just have to follow their instructions. They asked me for my Thai birth certificate though I am a Filipino citizen. Neither my Mom or I had the original Thai birth certificate. All we had was the one issued by the Philippine embassy in Thailand. NSC accepted the affidavits we submitted. My brother had 3 RFEs all of the exact same request which the NSC also accepted.

Its normal dont worry

Vish,
Its the standard format of the letter they have , they would like to know if you have been maintaining you legal status in the US all through your GC journey.

I got the similar one I responded back still waiting for decision.

Hope it give u moral boost.

Thanks Faiz,
The thing is the above RFE is an old one which i already replied in 06. They have issued another one now. Im pretty sure its not the same thing, but oh well who knows.

Vish

Vish,
Its the standard format of the letter they have , they would like to know if you have been maintaining you legal status in the US all through your GC journey.

I got the similar one I responded back still waiting for decision.

Hope it give u moral boost.

Rfe

Thanks Faiz,
The thing is the above RFE is an old one which i already replied in 06. They have issued another one now. Im pretty sure its not the same thing, but oh well who knows.

Vish

In your original medical, have you done a TB skin test? maybe that's what the new RFE is...?

KE7G, i can look and check im not too sure, also once i send back the RFE are the chances of getting approved high ? Im im trouble right now as my EAD expires on 8/10. Im not sure what to do now..

In your original medical, have you done a TB skin
test? maybe that's what the new RFE is...?

I had got an RFE for Birth Certificate. Anyways, after you reply, I dunno what the chances of approval are, cause when i sent back my RFE and then when I called up NSC, they told me that my approval can only be done in Oct as the case will get the Visa #s then.
So apparently they don't assign visa #s when they when the send and RFE.

KE7G, i can look and check im not too sure, also once i send back the RFE are the chances of getting approved high ? Im im trouble right now as my EAD expires on 8/10. Im not sure what to do now..

What jack144 says is correct.
They won't assign a visa number when a RFE is generated on a case.

You should send out a new EAD form asap (what were you waiting for all this time -- your EAD expires 8/10 - the renewal should have been sent about 100 days back)

Send it asap and hope for a quick decision. If your EAD doesn't come by 8/10, you will have to take an unpaid leave of absence (otherwise you will be considered as working without authorization which can cause more trouble !)

Didn't mean to scare you - but wanted you to know the full picture !

Max2k1,
I did file my EAD a while ago. My Receive Date is May 1st. i guess it would be exactly 100 days as you mentioned, but so far no sign of approval :D,

Thinking of sending an expedite request, also have an infopass appointment for the 27th of this month.What do you think ?

Vish

Max2k1,
I did file my EAD a while ago. My Receive Date is May 1st. i guess it would be exactly 100 days as you mentioned, but so far no sign of approval :D,

Thinking of sending an expedite request, also have an infopass appointment for the 27th of this month.What do you think ?

Vish

I do not think you need any expedite request for EAD renewal. They will issue EAD as long as 485 is pending. They dont care or dont know if any RFE is pending on 485. I think 100 days is sufficient. If you dont get it by 90 days, then start calling those.

By the way, Do you know the details of your 2nd RFE on 485? Please post here..