Second registration and exit stamp, cancelled?

Pizarro

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I have a 10 years B1/B2 multiple entires VISA valid until 2017. I have been travelling to the US since 2007 for short periods of time, 2-3 times per year (maximum 1 month). I am originally from Morocco but permanent resident in Spain, still, my passport is Moroccan and got the VISA at the US Embassy in Madrid (Spain).

For all these visits I was required for secondary inspection in order to entry the country, and for a exit registration stamp on my passport upon leaving the country (after checking in). This is they way it has been for me since 2007 (apart of giving back the I-94 form to the airlines staff).

Here is the issue I have now, and therefore my questions:

- I have just arrived from the US (today). I travelled there on last September and this time I WAS NOT SENT FOR SECONDARY INSPECTION, the inmigration officer told me that the process changed and she gave me a 6 months valid entry. OK, this was awesome to me, because for the very first time, I could travel to US like any other national from the European countries without the hassle of the second inspection for the "arab guys".

- Yesterday when I was about to fly back to Spain, I checked in with UNITED AIRLINES at Washington Dulles Airport, and then I went downstairs to the the recruitment - inmigration office to ask for the exit registration stamp on my passport (as I have been doing always). My surprise was when the officer there told me that this is not required anymore either!. I asked her if she was sure, and she confirmed that there is no more need of this registration stamp. So the only thing I did was giving back the I-94 form to the UNITED AIRLINES lady when entering the plane, and leave the country.

I am worried now that something is not correct and when I go back to USA on January they will not allow me to enter due the lack of this stamp. Does anybody know about this? Does anybody know for sure what has changed? And also, what can I do if they just were confused?

Thanks!