"(Second) Nationality" field in Indian citizenship renunciation form

quick_check

Registered Users (C)
What do I put in the "(Second) Nationality" field on the Indian citizenship renunciation form?

I am US citizen and ex Indian citizen. I assume I leave it blank?

Please help

What do I put in the "(Second) Nationality" field on the Indian citizenship renunciation form?

Please help

I am assuming they mean for you to state that you're a US citizen in that field. This form and process is all very silly because it seems that the Indian govt considers you to be an Indian citizen until you renounce your citizenship formally through this. So that is what they mean by "Second Nationality" when they mean your current (new) nationality. This whole thing is moot because the moment you become a naturalized US citizen, you have given up your Indian citizenship because the Indian constitution does not allow for dual citizenship. In the end, this is just another example of archaic bureacracy that has been happily bundled into a new and lucrative income stream for the Indian govt.

yeah i think you should leave it blank....as in now you just have only one citizenship..so it is not applicable for you..

Please help

Which Indian consulate jurisdiction do you fall under? CGI-NY has a new simplified form on its website for renunciation of Indian citizenship and that form does not require this field.