Second I-140 Allowed without Revocation of Earlier I-140 Petition

ameryki

Registered Users (C)
I found this in the recent murthy.com newsletter

"The TSC confirmed that, in some cases it is possible for the employer to file two or more I-140 petitions for the same beneficiary, based on a single labor certification, in multiple EB categories. If the job requirements are proper for EB2, the case could be filed in either category. Thus, multiple I-140s could be filed in some cases. If the first was filed in EB3, there would be no need to withdraw it in order to file in EB2. The TSC recommended submitting copies of the approved I-140 with the later-filed I-140 petition.

This could be quite helpful in situations where the I-140 petition is incorrectly filed in the wrong, lower category. We do hear about such instances from time to time. It seems that if the I-140 was filed in EB3, but the case would meet EB2, the TSC would permit the re-filing of the I-140 petition without revocation of the earlier EB3 filing. "

>>>> Does this mean if someone would like to refile for 140 in the EB2 category with an approved 140 in EB3 category he or she will not have to go through the labor certification process meaning job being posted in magazines and newspapers etc.. I will appreciated any clarification you can provide...