second FP mailed to old address,, Please help!!!

momoea

Registered Users (C)
Anybody who has experienced that your finger print notice was sent to old address. I called USCIS two times to update address change, but it does not seem like update my address yet. How can I change local office for finger print??
My local office on the notice is Philladepia, but I want to take my finger print in Alxandria. Can I just visit Alxandria office without appointment and ask them if I take finger print?? Any experience? It will be great help if you add your experience.

momoea said:
Anybody who has experienced that your finger print notice was sent to old address. I called USCIS two times to update address change, but it does not seem like update my address yet. How can I change local office for finger print??
My local office on the notice is Philladepia, but I want to take my finger print in Alxandria. Can I just visit Alxandria office without appointment and ask them if I take finger print?? Any experience? It will be great help if you add your experience.

We just went through this for my wife (http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=145682).

If you have the FP notice (or a fax / photocopy of it), take it to the nearest Application Support Center (ASC) and tell them what happened. When they scan the notice they should be able to update your address.

What happened to us (and maybe to you) is that the USCIS must have sent our info to the ASCs prior to the address change. The ASC database therefore has the old address even if your address changes at the USCIS.

We actually just received my wife's copy of the FP notice today -- it apparently bounced all the way back to the USCIS, they then saw the address change and they sent the FP notice to our new address (still using the old ASC though). This seems to reenforce the idea that you can go to any ASC as long as you have a reason for this.

ETA