second Fingerprints??

bennv

Registered Users (C)
I just got notice of action about my I-485. and I was asked for to do fingerprints. My question is I have already done my FP 6months ago(end of Sep. 2003). Does that mean my last FP has expired? or anyone should do twice FP?

thanks advanced!!!

I am in the same boat. My parents were asked to take finger prints even though they have done that end of last Sept. I asked FBI and local office (they submitted to local office in Salt Lake City, UT) and we were told that fingerprints were on file and complete and there's no need to redo it. We don't know what to do but probably will just follow the instructions to redo it.

Where were you applied? Is it local office or one of the Processing centers?

Thanks!

David

I filed in New York local office.

From my search from this website, it seems that you have to do once for EAD and another for I-485. I am not sure about your parents case.

Second finger Prints

I applied for a family based GC (USC spouse) from Atlanta Local office in Feb 2002. I got my EAD in 3/02 and my receipt with A# in May 2002. Since then I have renewed my EAD twice. I am still waiting to hear anything about my I-485.
When I went to get FP done for my third EAD (on 3/4/04), one of the officers at the INS office told me that I should get FP done for my I-485 as well.
My questions is :
Should I wait for INS to send me a notice to do FP for my I-485, or can I go anytime and get that done?

I would apprecite an early reply.

Thanks in advance.

In my parents' cases, they got their EAD the same day they submitted their applications--they submitted in AM, and EAD done in PM in the local office. They were also asked to do their fingerprints for both I-485 and EAD the next day at the local document support center (the officer write them a fingerprint request form). This happend last Sept.. Now 6 moths later, the INS sent them another notification for fingerprints, but theirfingerprints are in file and complete already.....just want to see if similar things happen to some of you guys.

Also a reply to the messager waiting for fingerprint notice for I-485---I think you need to find out from your local office why a request for I-485 fingerprint has not been issued----Normally they issue this the same time when you submitted your application.

My husband did his fingerprints some months just before our interview (less than 5 months for sure). I think that was for his EAD which we filed for at the same time as 130 and 485.

When we had our 485 interview, he had to give them another ifngerprint right there as we were ending our interview. We weren't informed what they were for but just did them and left. :confused:

FP chance missed!!

Hi,

If the first FP notice was missed due to medical emergency, is it possible for the INS to give us a second FP chance. We got FP notice in March '04 but could not because of medical problems - we had notified the INS to give us another date since we won't be able to attend. Now when calling 1-800 inqury line, the rep seems to be saying its now INS perogative whether to issue second FP notice or reject 485 app!! But since we have not recevied any rejection letter yet, we are just hoping we might just get lucky to get another FP call from INS soon may be end of 2004!!

Any body gone through this problem!! Pl advice ASAP - thanks a lot!!