Second Finger Printing

IMMI_485_BUDDY

Registered Users (C)
Hi People,
I and my spouse received second FP notice which is due on 16th June 2004, i did mine, but my wife is in India and she will be back by 10th july, is it okay if spouse goes for the second FP when she gets back on 10th july, or she needs to inform to INS.
As per my lawyer he says , "15 - 20 days of delay from the scheduled date for FP is okay" and she can go on 10th july for second FP, and no need to inform INS to re-schedule, as re-scheduling can again take several days or couple of months.
Also will this delay of my spouse second FP delays our GC process.
Please advise,
thanks in advance,
Pradeep.

Better to re-scheduling

Call the 800 number and re-scheduling sometime in mid july. Once your wife is back you can go to SJ and do early FP.
Good luck
-CaseStatue

My wife's 2nd FP was done a week after the date, but we went to the local ASC and talked to them and they told us to come on a certain date for my wife's FP, but it would be better if you call them and re-schedule it. For me my wife was there when we went to the ASC, but for you your wife is in India, so it is safer to re-schedule.

One of my friend had an experience in which he and his family did not get the notice, but their lawyer got the notice and the lawyer never informed them about it and one good day they got a letter from INS telling them that their GC process has been terminated as they did not go for FP. But then they with the help of their lawyer managed to reverse it and got their GC.

It is better to be safe than be sorry.

GCGCWhereRU
Where did you go in person to request the rescheduling ? Can u pls. provide the details.

thanks
-t

I went to ASC in San Jose and they said that the FP notice is good for 82 days. One need to reschedule only if they want specific day/date.
Can anyone confirm this ?
thanks,
-t