Second Finger Printing Notice from Nebraska

another_gc_vala

Hello ,

Me and my wife got second finger printing notice from Nebraska center with in 6 months .
First time we gave finger prints on 06/04/02 and again we got finger printing notices in October for FP scheduled in 12/24/02 .

I checked with the FBI FP status line , they told our FP are completed and sent to INS .

I checked with the local FP office in St.Paul ,MN . The manager told me our FP are good and valid for another year or so. He is not interested in taking FP again. He told INS Nebraska did some mistake and around 200 people in that date range got notices like that and there is nothing to worry .

We are concerned about our processing but don't know what to do.

Does anybody faced similar situation ?

I would appreciate your views and solutions on this mattte.

Thanks

This kind of scenario is not very uncommon. You need not really worry about it. Since your first fingerprinting is done and valid you can disregard the second notice. Your fingerprints are valid for about 15months(I am not sure of the exact time frame but it is definitely more than an year). So, relax and wait for your approval. Good luck.

P.S. This is to the best of my knowledge and belief, you may want to consult with your Attorney before you make a final decision.

another_gc_vala -
How and where on FBI site you got the status of your Fingerprinting status. I got my FP done in May 2002 and the INS status still says the FP request has been sent. How do I know what is the status of FP and where it stands?

Just call FBI at 304-625-5590 option #4 and tell them you are applying I-485 and your alien number.

same here

I did FP in this Aug and got another notice to take again in Dec. Though, my wife did not receive the second one and she did the first one with me together.

My lawer guesses my FP may not be clear enough for ?? in the first time and suggest me to take it again. It will be a long drive. The first one I did is in a nearby city, but the second notice ask me to go to a big city which is 4 hour away. It looks like a INS trick to test applicant's driving skill.:mad: