Second finger print question

osm

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

Can some body tell me how far out the date is for the second finder print notice. My wife is going out of the country for 2 months. We haven't received a second finger print notice yet. I am wondering what will happen to our case if we get the notice while she is gone.

Can I go do the finger prints and request another time for my wife. What will it to do to our processing times?

Both cases were touched on 4/24/04

case details
wac-02-214-XXXXX
ND 6/22/02
FP 8/13/02

Wife detail
ND: 9/01/02
FP: 10/19/02

osm

People usually receive it about a month before the actual fingerprinting. You can go early or you can reschedule - instructions are on the FP notice.

You and your wife more likely to get 2 nd FP. We have got 2nd FP notice yesterday. Yours ND and 1st FP close to our ND/FP. I suggest you and your wife should get the FP done before travelling, if you both get 2 nd FP Notice. Failure to retake finger print may delay your case or may be considered abondoned application.

GCUSA or any body

What address the finger print notice is mailed to. Is that mailed to your home address or to the lawyer. Also, does the online status changes when notice of second fingerprints is mailed.

GCUSA, can you tell me when was your file last touched. Mine was last touched on 4/24/04.

Thanks,

osm

It's sent to you only.
Online status and touched date are rarely changed. I still see my old FP received notice: "on June 11, 2002...."

In my case, our FP date was only 3 weeks ahead. FP notices were sent to both us and lawyer (he called me to check if we had received our copies from INS). Also in our case, we got the notices in the mail before the online status changed to FP sent (it happened after a few days... go figure).

Thanks guys. Your informtion has helped me prepare for what to expect.

We have decided not to change our plans. My wife has already bought the ticket. She was planning this vacation for months. She is not going to alter it based on when a finger print notice is sent.

I am the primary on the application and i am still here.

BCIS might not send the notice in the next 3 months... We can not keep on delying the things we want to do based on BCIS scdeule. She will go and if the notice comes real early. We will just have to request for another date.

osm