Second Finger print notice

Marker

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends,

I applied for my N-400 naturalization in Sep-2006, my fingerprints were done in the same month. Since then, my case has been in the pending status. I was told by USCIS that a background check is being performed on my case.

This week I received a second FP notice, does this mean that my case is alive again and I should hope to hear good news from them?

You will be getting IV letter within 1-2 months after the second FP; congratulations!

Hello friends,

I applied for my N-400 naturalization in Sep-2006, my fingerprints were done in the same month. Since then, my case has been in the pending status. I was told by USCIS that a background check is being performed on my case.

This week I received a second FP notice, does this mean that my case is alive again and I should hope to hear good news from them?

Hi, Marker,

I filed my N-400 on March 29th, 2007. First figerprint 04/24/07. Second finger print done on 08/13/08. I called FBI today and I was told the finger print results had been sent back to USCIS on 08/13/08.

In 2 weeks

Hello friends,

You should get an interview letter in about 10-14 days after you get done with your 2nd FP apptt. Good luck.

Just a reminder, Fingerprint expires in 15 months. Usually when FBI is done with your name check and sends back the result to USCIS, if you have passed 15 months time period, USCIS will give you second FP and then IL will show up at your door while after. Maximum one month after FP appointment.
Be happy, your case is moving.

All, my is kind of different. I was interviewed 1st and then told no decision cos of expired fingerprints and i was asked to do another fingerprints which i did already. May be it's different for each Service Center. Any clue?

elliot4004 - in your case you should expect the oath letter since you have already completed the interview. If you don't hear anything in 2-3 weeks, schedule an InfoPass as you don't want your file to gather dust on someone's desk.

Seems like they held up your case due to name check and then scheduled the interview without looking to see whether or not your fingerprints results had expired.

Thats true. After 15 months of FP if your case stays pending, they ask for another FP to make sure you are still clean.... and the good news is because
they are ready to Interview you.

Hello friends,

Did you get your IL?

I was stuck in the NC pipeline since Dec 2006. I received my IL just last week. My ID is 11/18.:)

AP