secod interview for adjustment of status

As my GC was approved after 2 years of my marriage, I was told that i will receive unconditional 10 year GC but I got 2years conditional GC!!!!?

thats strange! is everyone with NameCheck pending getting a conditional GC irrespective of how long they have been married?

Quick question

CALL USCIS and check. It could be an administrative error and you will need to file i-90 to have it fixed.

PraetorianXI,

Quick question for you. Have you known anybody whose marriage based GC interview was scheduled and then later got cancelled coz of unforseen circumstances. Just curious if you happen to know anybody who ran into this situation and was rescheduled again. How long did that take for USCIS to reschedule a fresh interview and what are the chances since the interview was cancelled USCIS will just go ahead and issue a GC in the mail without having the applicant to appear for the interview.

Thank you for your time.

I know several people who had that happen to them. I told you, try to still show up... it usually took 1-3 months for them to be rescheduled.

File transfer

I know several people who had that happen to them. I told you, try to still show up... it usually took 1-3 months for them to be rescheduled.

Yes, I'll take your advice, but I'm concerned that my file would not be in the local DO. I heard they transfer the file few days prior to the interview. We'll give it a shot and show up. What do we gotta loose anyways :)

I called up USCIS. They don't have any idea on that matter. I pointed out some document on USCIS.gov which states that if GC approves after 2 years of marriage, one should get non-conditional GC. but they stick to their point and asked me to setup an appointment with local office.

I checked my passport where the officer stamped. He wrote IR6 and my card says CR6. I called up again this morning and informed them, with my surprise they told me that officer made mistake. I should get conditional GC. If I have question, I should setup INFOPASS with local office.

I have that appointment scheduled for 24th April. Will see how it goes and let you guys know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my passport stamped today! :)

I had my second interview today at Newark DO. Other than the 2 hour wait, everything turned out great. The interview lasted less than 10 minutes. We were first sworn in, after which the officer confirmed if we had the same address, jobs, if the marriage was still good, etc. It was followed by the routine questions - if i was involved in any terrirost organization, espionage, etc.

The officer then asked for our 2007 joint tax return. After this he commented that our NameCheck is still pending but due to the new memo, he will grant me GC. As we are married for over 2 years, he said we will get a 10yr GC in mail in 4-6 weeks. He stamped the passport and congratulated us.

The officer was very curteous and professional, which made the overall experience very smooth.

Quince, Moderatos,
due to the spelling error in the title, it doesn't show up in search results of "second interivew". can someone pls fix it.

Have the same issue? Did you get any additional info?

I called up USCIS. They don't have any idea on that matter. I pointed out some document on USCIS.gov which states that if GC approves after 2 years of marriage, one should get non-conditional GC. but they stick to their point and asked me to setup an appointment with local office.

I checked my passport where the officer stamped. He wrote IR6 and my card says CR6. I called up again this morning and informed them, with my surprise they told me that officer made mistake. I should get conditional GC. If I have question, I should setup INFOPASS with local office.

I have that appointment scheduled for 24th April. Will see how it goes and let you guys know.
Hi mvp7, I have the exact same issue. I just received my GC and the category is CR6. When we had our interview and were approved we had already been married for over 3 years. Did you get any answer on this issue? Are you gonna be able to get the correct GC. I would appreciate if you could share your experience on this matter. Thank you.

I am in the same boat as you guys, well I think. I received a letter from USCIS requesting me and my wife to appear for a second interview. The letter looks exactly the same as the first one. Could it be a stokes interview ?? anybody in here received the same notice ? any feedback will be appreciated.