Seattle Regional DOL Tracker

My skipped case shipped to BEC

Just an FYI...for individuals whose cases were skipped. My case was from AZ, RD Aug 2004, skipped last month and today my employer received a 45 day letter from Dallas Backlog elimination center.

I don't understand what is going on :(

self_file said:
Just an FYI...for individuals whose cases were skipped. My case was from AZ, RD Aug 2004, skipped last month and today my employer received a 45 day letter from Dallas Backlog elimination center.

I don't understand what is going on :(

Is your case Non RIR (TR) ?

Because all the Non RIR cases at SF DOL (SF/Seattle & Other western states) have been moved to BEC.

Az Rir

Self-File,

What is your DOT code? Also are you EB2 or EB3? How much of work experience did you have on the LC application? I am a few months behind you in the same queue.

Regards

Az Rir

Self-File,
Thanks! Did your company lay off people in the time frame that your LC was filed? What is your DOT code (S/w engg? Elec/ Eng?)? Your log in name suggests that you filed the LC yourself. Is that true?

The Dallas BRC has also started ticking and your RIR case will likely get done within a year as RIR continues to get priority.

I should have.......

Zest,
I wish I had filed the LC myself. I have an attorney who is good for nothing and hence in this big soup. My DOT is code is S/W Engg -031. No Layoffs and the irony is I work for the State Department.

Last edited by a moderator:
Changing jobs and labor cert - very urgent help needed!

I hope some of the gurus out in these forum could help me! I can't get a straight answer from my lawyer...

my LC is pending for the last 3 years (PD: Oct 2002), and my 6 year limit on the H1 runs on on May 2006 (10 months away), I know I could extend the visa it on a yearly basis until GC is resolved, but what happens if I want to switch jobs right now - would I be able to start a new GC process at the new employer in my 6th year? will it be possible to use the original PD? could I then extend the new H1 past the 6th year? the new employer is well known and does immigration processing for thousand of people each year.

Any help would be appreciated as soon as possible!!!

GameEngine said:
I hope some of the gurus out in these forum could help me! I can't get a straight answer from my lawyer...

my LC is pending for the last 3 years (PD: Oct 2002), and my 6 year limit on the H1 runs on on May 2006 (10 months away), I know I could extend the visa it on a yearly basis until GC is resolved, but what happens if I want to switch jobs right now - would I be able to start a new GC process at the new employer in my 6th year? will it be possible to use the original PD? could I then extend the new H1 past the 6th year? the new employer is well known and does immigration processing for thousand of people each year.

Any help would be appreciated as soon as possible!!!

You will be able to start GC process at new employer now but using the original PD might be an issue. If you really are looking to join new employer (MS I guess!) do it now & apply for PERM asap so that you can get 7th year extension based on pending I-140 (& 485 if you are EB-2).

gp111 said:
You will be able to start GC process at new employer now but using the original PD might be an issue. If you really are looking to join new employer (MS I guess!) do it now & apply for PERM asap so that you can get 7th year extension based on pending I-140 (& 485 if you are EB-2).

Thanks gp111, you are right on MS :) so you think switching now will give me enough time to get perm done before my 6th year ends, so I could get an extension? are there any other rules about filing for GC at the 6th year? is that possible at all?

GameEngine said:
Thanks gp111, you are right on MS :) so you think switching now will give me enough time to get perm done before my 6th year ends, so I could get an extension? are there any other rules about filing for GC at the 6th year? is that possible at all?

If MS agrees to file PERM as soon as you join, you will be able to get Extension based on pending I-140/485.

Alternate is, if your current company does not withdraw the LC, you will be able to get extension based on that LC (even if you are with new company now)

AZ NON RIR / PV 4466 and AZ LC

Hi
AZ NON RIR / PV 4466 and AZ LC -
You all seem to be in a similar situation as mine -

PD - JAN 2003
RD - JAN 2004
EB2 - NON RIR from AZ
Moved to Dallas BRC from SFO DOL - jun 2005
45 day received and response sent - jun 2005

Let me know if you guys have any updates regarding your cases

Thanks
:confused:

Any body working at MS have filed under PERM after dropping the existing application for LC?
Can you please respond?
Thanks.

PD: Nov 2002
45 Days letter received on March 05.

just recieved my LC approval:
case# 095951**, WA RIR
PD Oct 17th 2002
RD Oct 15th 2004
Certified on June 29th 2005

Extremely Urgent!

11/01/2005: Senate Judiciary Bill at the Brink of Collapse Unless Everybody Contacts Senators and Congressmen!!!

The full Senate failed to take a roll call for this bill today. Believe it or not, Senator Byrd intends to offer an amendment tomorrow (11/2/05) to remove the H-1B and immigrant visa retrogression provisions passed by the Senate Judiciary Committee from the Budget Reconciliation Package.

Please call your Senators and urge a "NO vote on the Bird Amendment Immediately!!"
CALL THE CAPITOL SWITCHBOARD: 202-224-3121 OR GET DIRECT LINES BY CLICKING HERE: http://capwiz.com/aila2/home/

Everyone should call tonight. I mean EVERYONE. Call your friends and relatives and ask them to participate in this urgent campaign and call their Senators tonight. Call or send e-mails to your immigrant friends and alert them IMMEDIATELY! Ask them to call or send e-mails to everyone they know and ask them to call the Senators tonight. TIME IS OF ESSENCE.

Source: http://www.immigration-law.com/