Seattle Interview experience; Waiting for FBI name check

cclee2002

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

Just came back from interview at Seattle.

The officer was very nice. Here is what happened:

She asked me for ID and to oath, sign and finger-print.

Then, she asked if I am still working with the same employer.
I said I am now working with a new employer. She then asked me for an employer letter. She looked at the letter and was satisfied.

She then asked me about my status in USA since the very first day I set foot here. I told her the whole story. She didn't ask me to show any proof/visa etc.

She then asked me about my travel: how often and where. Again, didn't ask to see any proof.

She then told me that results for my FBI name check has not come back yet.
Once that is done, she will send me a letter of approval and then I can either go to Seattle again for a stamp or wait for the actual green card.

Does anyone know how long the FBI name check will take? (I am surprised that they schedule an interview even though the FBI results are not ready.)

Thanks.

CC

Name check nightmare...

I called and talked to one of the lady in FBI Name Check Department, she said the waiting period on FBI name check can be from 3 months to 18 months AND MORE, so I guess the answer is "INFINITY"! :mad:

gcme said:
I called and talked to one of the lady in FBI Name Check Department, she said the waiting period on FBI name check can be from 3 months to 18 months AND MORE, so I guess the answer is "INFINITY"! :mad:

What number you called?