Seattle DO - N-400 timeline

I became a US Citizen today (took the oath).
Oath was scheduled for 2:00pm
I arrived at 1:30. Waited in hallways until about 2:10. then they asked us to front windows, took our green cards and our Oath letters. Then we went to a big room where family and friends were sitting in back (my parents and wife were there). The oath ceremony started at 2:55pm. It was amazing how many people go there late. There was a speech, then a video, then everyone took oath together. Then our names were called one by one to go and get our citizenship certificate. There were 65 people who got their citizenship today from 26 diferent countries. The whole thing got over at 3:40pm. Here is my timeline (a few people asked for this).

06/02/2006 N-400 Mailed
06/09/2006 N-400 received
06/12/2006 Check Cashed
06/20/2006 1st FP letter mailed
07/06/2006 1st FP taken
----------2 yrs later----------
07/18/2008 2nd FP Letter mailed
08/08/2008 2nd FP taken
08/27/2008 IL mailed
10/01/2008 ID (Passed)
10/01/2008 OL (was handed to me at end of interview)
10/29/2008 OD (US Citizen)

Thanks,
Username

Flying Turk - you probably won't see this until after your interview, but if you do, know that VivaLasVegas is absolutely right. You have nothing to worry about, it will be absolutely smooth, and at the end of it (probably 10 minutes after you walked into the office) you will feel great. I join the others in wishing you the best of luck with it.

All - I will post a fuller update, including a new edition of the spreadsheet in the next day or two.

--J--

Update

Does the Seattle office take early fingerprinting? Do I have to get an Infopass?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well,
i just came out of the interview.. It was smooth as silk. I missed one question "What's the first portion of the Constitution?". My response was 'We the people'.. The IO goes 'it's (pre) something'.. I said i was sorry that i didn't remember.
The IO eventually said that they are missing another A file from the NSC and they will have to wait until then.. It blows.. I don't know what it is, i don't know what other information they will need ! Also, you'd think by this time they could have received the information .. but no avail.. i walked out of the interview with 'no decision can be made now' letter.. :(

Well,
i just came out of the interview.. It was smooth as silk. I missed one question "W...... 'no decision can be made now' letter.. :(

Flying Turk, me thinketh that this does stinketh. At least now you will have recourse with writ of mandamus. Did you happen to have another alien number while you were in the US? My ex-wife had an alien number for school and then got another number for immigrating and she was hung up at the LPR porcess for awhile until they deactivated and merged the numbers into the most current.

--Rafiq

Well,
i just came out of the interview.. It was smooth as silk. I missed one question "What's the first portion of the Constitution?". My response was 'We the people'.. The IO goes 'it's (pre) something'.. I said i was sorry that i didn't remember.
The IO eventually said that they are missing another A file from the NSC and they will have to wait until then.. It blows.. I don't know what it is, i don't know what other information they will need ! Also, you'd think by this time they could have received the information .. but no avail.. i walked out of the interview with 'no decision can be made now' letter.. :(

I think the "no decision can be made now" was not because they didn't have your another A-file, but because you missed that all-improtant question:p.

Anyway, I have a similar situation as yours. I past my interview on 9/16 and was told a decision can not be made. More than three weeks later I got the oath latter in the mail, and took the oath last Friday. So, I am sure you'll be fine, and once they locate your A-file, you'll receive the oath notice. Good luck and congratulations.

I never had a different A number, so i don't know where this A file thing comes from. As soon as I told IO that I am a furloughed airline pilot and i own a small business training pilots, he started to take lotsa notes , etc.
I guess i am in the wrong business..

Also, i forgot to mention on the original post, I applied for a name change. IO said at this time they won't be able to do it which was fine with me. If i can get this frigging citizenship, i can always go to court to change my name.

I called USCIS' 800 number today. They told me to wait 90 days until they can do something about this. I am pretty upset that they are clearing out the name checks but still not clearing people for citizenship. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Received "Case file review notice"

I received "Case file review notice / Interview document checklist" over a week ago. Looks like a standard form that says "After complete review of your file blah blah blah additional documents may be needed, please bring them to your naturalization interview". The document list below has checks in front of birth certificate and court records (I disclosed a few minor traffic volations). The notice also mentions that I should be in time for my interview and have proper attire.

No Interview letter yet.
Case status online not updated (never update since NOA).

Should I expect interiview letter soon?

I am going to wait a week or two and give them a call.

-------------------------
9/4/2008: mailed N-400
9/5/2008: Priority date
9/12/2008: NOA
10/6/2008: FP done
11/3/2008: Case file review notice received