Seattle DO - N-400 timeline

Any updates from anyone?

Hi guys,

any updates from anyone? May be there wont be any ILs for the rest of this month due to the holidays. Do you know when the next batch of ILs will be sent? hopefully early next month....

Well,
got a "New Year present" from USCIS in the form of email. (Of course, I am being sarcastic).

On 12/20/2007 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:
-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:
-- Information not available

Case type:
-- N400

Filing date:
-- 03/15/2007

Receipt #:
-- LIN*00xxxxxx

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):
-- Information not available

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below.

Keep your chin up 'flyingturk' it may take just a bit longer...

All, I was told that NSC schedules the interview date when they forward files to the DO, is this true? I was under the impression the DO recieves the file from NSC, and the DO schedules interviews, guess I was mistaken...?

Secondly, any reason why NSC would hang on to a case file even after the background check is complete?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Seattle Freinds

Hello everyone,
I just joined this forum and live in the Seattle are.
I am currently having my finger prints scheduled for Jan 18th 2008
My PD is Nov 26th 2007.

If there is anyone on this forum along with same timeline, Please email me at: anibala2001@yahoo.com.

Thanks and Good luck to you all.

June / July PDs

Just trying to revive this dying thread. Anyone from the Seattle DO with June / July Priority Dates? Any word ?

hey my interview is before you on monday the 7th january
i excited and kind of happy and ......any ways good luck for both of us and
every one who is waitting
please review my previous posts for timeline

queensheba, how did your interview go, please share experience, mine is tomorrow and im super nervous.

Online case status messages

Could any one let me know the different kind of messages that would appear (based on the application status) while trying to check the online case status?

Thanks in advance.

hey guys, here to update with my interview experience today.

well, i got maybe 3 hours sleep as i was super nervous last night, my DO is about 2 hour drive and more with heavy traffic in seattle, as you guys should know, well i was supposed to wake up at 5:00am for my interview at 9:30am cause of heavy traffic in everett area, i slept in til 545, didnt leave home til ten after 6, i was worried i was gonna be late but got there at 8am. i went for a bite to eat and last minute studying. i arrived at DO at 830, was in the waiting area at 845, there was quite a few other people in there, i was still very nervous, pretty much at 930 on the dot, office walks out and calls my name, go to his office, pledge to tell truth, sit down, state my name, go over n400 app, no problems, asked for my passport (which is expired), DL, green card and selective service registration card, thats all he asked for. did written test, speaking test, had me sign both my pictures, asked me 6 question, all easy, got them all correct, he then said i have passed, said congrats, and that my oath will be one week from today (wed 16thjan) gave me my oath letter. YAAAY.

now, on the drive home, i got a speeding ticket, 93 dollars, on the oath sheet, it has a questionaire asking things that have happened between interview and oath, one of them is check yes if you have been cited or charged for anything criminal, non criminal and traffic violation as well. does anyone see this as being a problem, what do you guys frecommend i do, make a copy of the ticket, and pay it right away, or dispute, it is my first ever ticket. any help would be great

hey guys, here to update with my interview experience today.

well, i got maybe 3 hours sleep as i was super nervous last night, my DO is about 2 hour drive and more with heavy traffic in seattle, as you guys should know, well i was supposed to wake up at 5:00am for my interview at 9:30am cause of heavy traffic in everett area, i slept in til 545, didnt leave home til ten after 6, i was worried i was gonna be late but got there at 8am. i went for a bite to eat and last minute studying. i arrived at DO at 830, was in the waiting area at 845, there was quite a few other people in there, i was still very nervous, pretty much at 930 on the dot, office walks out and calls my name, go to his office, pledge to tell truth, sit down, state my name, go over n400 app, no problems, asked for my passport (which is expired), DL, green card and selective service registration card, thats all he asked for. did written test, speaking test, had me sign both my pictures, asked me 6 question, all easy, got them all correct, he then said i have passed, said congrats, and that my oath will be one week from today (wed 16thjan) gave me my oath letter. YAAAY.

now, on the drive home, i got a speeding ticket, 93 dollars, on the oath sheet, it has a questionaire asking things that have happened between interview and oath, one of them is check yes if you have been cited or charged for anything criminal, non criminal and traffic violation as well. does anyone see this as being a problem, what do you guys frecommend i do, make a copy of the ticket, and pay it right away, or dispute, it is my first ever ticket. any help would be great

Congratulations!

Awww, man! I feel for you, but it is traffic ticket for speeding, so I can't imagine it will hurt the process in any way. I am sure you'll be fine, good luck, and get some sleep.

To answer a question, I was told (Infopass) that my background check was completed a while back. The officer couldn't tell me why I am still waiting...

Last edited by a moderator:
JS360 !

First, congratulations on a successful interview; good luck for the pending Oath next week.

On the question of the ticket - Are you planning to pay up or contest the ticket in the court?

If you are anyway planning to pay, I suggest you pay the fine and take the ticket & disposition papers/receipt to the Oath ceremony.

Don't take a chance on this thing. Having waited this long, it is not a good idea to take a chance over $93 !!

July PD...waiting. A couple of friends with June PD have also not received IL. js360 really lucked out.

D/O: Seattle
July 07 PD
Sept 07 FP Done