Seattle DO - N-400 timeline

Congrats on getting your USC! It's encouraging to hear when other applications run through smoothly
And, nicely done to get post #1000 on this thread :)

Just an update, I did my oath on Monday 3/8 and applied for passport on 3/9 at Seattle office.

Picked up the passport and passport card today.

Took exactly 3 month to complete the process. N400 Applied on 12/10 - passport picked up 3/10..

N400-Forgot to write A number on check

I just realized that I have mailed cashier check without writing A number at the back of checks. Is there anything I can do? Please suggest.

I just realized that I have mailed cashier check without writing A number at the back of checks. Is there anything I can do? Please suggest.

I doubt there's much you can do now, but I also don't think it's a huge issue. I wouldn't be surprised if the handler adds the A# manually when your application is received. You'll soon see if your check is cashed; worst case they send back your application and you loose some time.

Any update from Seattle filers?

USCIS's processing times are December 2009 for N400 application in Seattle. I guess this is incorrect considering folks who have applied in 2010 have already received their USC.

I mailed out my application today. Anybody else from Seattle area applying?

Today I did my interview and got my oath..... One more step to get the passports......

Fellow March, April, May, and June filers, today On June 29, 2010, I had my interview at Seattle USCIS office. My appointment was at 8:00 am and by 8:45 I was out of the building. I passed the test, and recommended for approval. At 11:30 a.m., I came back and I had my oath cermony. By 12:30, I had my naturalization certificate in hand...the journey is over....for those of you who have had your interviews, congratulations...for those of you who are waiting, good luck...

For those of you who are interested in the details, here are the details.........

My appointment was scheduled at 8:00 am in Seattle. I showed up around 7:30 am. After checking in through security, I handed my appointment letter a guy at the front dest. He scanned it through his computer, and he gave me my appointment
letter, and directed me to the second floor. When I went upstrairs, business was in full swing. Five different officers were
calling in...Seatte office opens for business at 6:30....
At 8:15 am, an African American male in his 50th called my name. he took me his office...he told me to remain standing...while standing he introduced himself, and told me he will be conducting my interview and heinistered the oath and he told me to sit down....the officer overall was very serious. No joking, no humor, nonothing...just the stuff on my application...when I sat down, he asked for my greencard, passport or travel document. I gave him my greencard, and travel document. He checked the data on my greencard and the travel document against my form N-400. Once he finished with that he gave them back to me....and then he moved to the application. He asked me all the questions on the form. On two occations he stopped. Once he told me that I needed to wait while he finished reading the questions; in an other, he told me that I needed to answer either yes or no...and this was because I was nodding or responding in my native language as though the guy understood my native language....along the the way, there was one complitication...he asked me how many children I had, and I said Y children. He said on your application for greencard in 2006 you claimed you had X children. I had some paperwork from 2000 with me which listed all my children. I produced that paper and he said he will need to copy it...with all the paperwork I had, that was the only one of use....nothing else...after we completed the questions on the form, we moved to the test...
for the reading....he told me to read...one sentence on a piece of paper: which state has the most population?
for the writing California has the most population...

History and civics:
1. In the cold war, what was the main concern for the US? Communism
2. If the president can no longer serve, who takes over? the vice president
3 There X amendements to the constitutions as who can vote, what is it? citizens 18 and over can vote
4. Name one right from the first amendment? speech, assembly, etc

He told me that I passed the test...he had me sign the application...sign my pictures...after that he pulled out a one paper sheet with some questions. He told me to answer no to all of them and sign. This paper is normally given to applicants between interview and oath so that if there are changes in between interview and oath they can report, but he didn't gave it to. He had me fill out and put it in my file. At the end, he gave me the paper stating that I passed the test and remondend for approval. He gave me another sheet that was suppossed to serve as pass for the cermony which was to be held at 11:30 am on the same day........I went back for the ceremony...it ended by 12:30, and went out the building with my cer. in hand...............end of story, end of immigration journey.........live goes on and so is with you hopefully

Fellow March, April, May, and June filers, today On June 29, 2010, I had my interview at Seattle USCIS office. My appointment was at 8:00 am and by 8:45 I was out of the building. I passed the test, and recommended for approval. At 11:30 a.m., I came back and I had my oath cermony. By 12:30, I had my naturalization certificate in hand...the journey is over....for those of you who have had your interviews, congratulations...for those of you who are waiting, good luck...

For those of you who are interested in the details, here are the details.........

My appointment was scheduled at 8:00 am in Seattle. I showed up around 7:30 am. After checking in through security, I handed my appointment letter a guy at the front dest. He scanned it through his computer, and he gave me my appointment
letter, and directed me to the second floor. When I went upstrairs, business was in full swing. Five different officers were
calling in...Seatte office opens for business at 6:30....
At 8:15 am, an African American male in his 50th called my name. he took me his office...he told me to remain standing...while standing he introduced himself, and told me he will be conducting my interview and heinistered the oath and he told me to sit down....the officer overall was very serious. No joking, no humor, nonothing...just the stuff on my application...when I sat down, he asked for my greencard, passport or travel document. I gave him my greencard, and travel document. He checked the data on my greencard and the travel document against my form N-400. Once he finished with that he gave them back to me....and then he moved to the application. He asked me all the questions on the form. On two occations he stopped. Once he told me that I needed to wait while he finished reading the questions; in an other, he told me that I needed to answer either yes or no...and this was because I was nodding or responding in my native language as though the guy understood my native language....along the the way, there was one complitication...he asked me how many children I had, and I said Y children. He said on your application for greencard in 2006 you claimed you had X children. I had some paperwork from 2000 with me which listed all my children. I produced that paper and he said he will need to copy it...with all the paperwork I had, that was the only one of use....nothing else...after we completed the questions on the form, we moved to the test...
for the reading....he told me to read...one sentence on a piece of paper: which state has the most population?
for the writing California has the most population...

History and civics:
1. In the cold war, what was the main concern for the US? Communism
2. If the president can no longer serve, who takes over? the vice president
3 There X amendements to the constitutions as who can vote, what is it? citizens 18 and over can vote
4. Name one right from the first amendment? speech, assembly, etc

He told me that I passed the test...he had me sign the application...sign my pictures...after that he pulled out a one paper sheet with some questions. He told me to answer no to all of them and sign. This paper is normally given to applicants between interview and oath so that if there are changes in between interview and oath they can report, but he didn't gave it to. He had me fill out and put it in my file. At the end, he gave me the paper stating that I passed the test and remondend for approval. He gave me another sheet that was suppossed to serve as pass for the cermony which was to be held at 11:30 am on the same day........I went back for the ceremony...it ended by 12:30, and went out the building with my cer. in hand...............end of story, end of immigration journey.........live goes on and so is with you hopefully

Faysal, Congratulations. I am glad it all went smooth for you. For the test, did you prepare anything other than 100 questions?

Faysal, Congratulations. I am glad it all went smooth for you. For the test, did you prepare anything other than 100 questions? Thanks for sharing your experience.

Faysal, Congratulations. I am glad it all went smooth for you. For the test, did you prepare anything other than 100 questions? Thanks for sharing your experience.
By law, they can't ask you anything outside the 100 questions.....I didn't study anything beyond that...the officer who was interviewing me was reading the questions very fast....I think he understood my competency level....he was very fast

Any experience with doing a walk-in FP at Seattle/Tukwila ASC? Do they allow it and when is the good time to visit?

Hi folks,

I have just picked up my expedited passport today at the passport agency on 2nd Ave. I applied my passport in person yesterday and I expected to get the passport on same day. However, I’m leaving the country on Sunday and the staff at the passport agency considered my case is not the very urgent one, so they had me go back and pick up my passport today. :eek:

Any experience with doing a walk-in FP at Seattle/Tukwila ASC? Do they allow it and when is the good time to visit?

seadull,

According to the previous post from this forum, Seattle DO allowed walk-in FP. However, I tried it but did not succeed. My FP appt was on March 24 and I attempted to go a week earlier at the same time slot at 2pm becasue I would be out of town exactly on March 24. I told the check-in counter person about this but unfortunately he denied to let me in. He asked me to go back on the Wednesday after my appt. Sigh...I didn't want to delay my FP appt so I had to just change my plan.

Your FP appt is on Aug 12. Just a week later so I suggest you should just go on that day.