Seattle DO - N-400 timeline

Hey, have you guys ever heard about anyone getting call off the oath ceremony for another interview or if the USCIS changes mind about letting someone pass the interview after granted the oath ceremony appointment?

CrossHairs,

I have to admit that I'm being too nervous. But as I said on my interview experience that I thought my interview went by pretty strangely. Probably I really think too much into it because of the residency thing although I was out of the country only 50 days. Oh well, I think I must drop the issue since no one here really see anything wrong with my interview :)

One more question, is it normal for the USCIS decides not to put my middle name that comes from my maiden name in the Certificate of Naturalization? I use my maiden name as my middle name. Do they do this just because it's not what the law says so or it just causes them too much trouble?

Last edited by a moderator:
People here have middle names, so not sure abt why they cannot put ur middle name.
Is there any special law abt maiden name as middle name!? Not that I'm aware of!?

name change

You can get the naturalization certificate and officially change your name and then apply for the passport.

JS360 - Just wondering how your application got processed so quickly....

You mailed your N400 Application on 07/25/07 and got everything done quickly... cool man...

Is this just a random act of USICS or does any one got the IL who submitted their applications during July time frame.

well actually at my oath and interview there were several people with pd around mine, maybe 10 -15 people, in total 99 people at my oath. i really have a easy background too.

JS360 - Just wondering how your application got processed so quickly....
You mailed your N400 Application on 07/25/07 and got everything done quickly... cool man...
My version is that some clerk came to work with a huge hangover and simply took a bunch of case files from a wrong pile :)

Update:
Had my interview yesterday, nothing unusual, verification of N400 information, questions based on the published 100 questions, document verification(passport, grean card ect). Asked me to sign on the photos. gave a letter stating my oath date.....
N400 Posted Date: 5/02/07
FP Date: 6/14/07
IL Date: 11/26/07
Interview Date:24/1/08
Oath - Jan 30th.
Good luck folks...

Update:
Had my interview yesterday, nothing unusual, verification of N400 information, questions based on the published 100 questions, document verification(passport, grean card ect). Asked me to sign on the photos. gave a letter stating my oath date.....
N400 Posted Date: 5/02/07
FP Date: 6/14/07
IL Date: 11/26/07
Interview Date:24/1/08
Oath - Jan 30th.
Good luck folks...

Congratulations Suntube :)

How many Seattle folks (in this forum) who applied in July 2007 got the IL?

JS360, QueenSheeba(?), who else?

CrossHairs,
Lets track the PDs of people on this forum who are waiting for ILs, instead.

FlyingTurk - March 14
Anakut - June 4
Sea_rp - July 20
Seattleliter - July 23
CrossHairs - July 25

Others, can you please add to the above list?

Here's the updated one:

FlyingTurk - March 14
Anakut - June 4
Sea_rp - July 20
Seattleliter - July 23
CrossHairs - July 25
Senga - Sept 17

Congrats suntube07!

Come back to my story. Oh well, it's done. It's a done deal. Now I'm an American and no more hassle with the immigration bureau unless I adopt children or someone in my family needs to be in America real bad :)

My oath ceremony was yesterday. It's pretty much the same with other posts on this forum, except that nearly to the end of ceremony, there was a mistake. There were 3 people left that weren't received their certificate, so the ceremony had to be rewinded.

I just went to the Seattle Social Security Office today to update my status, and applied for my passport at the Seattle Passport Agency in the Federal Building. My passport will be ready to pick up on next Tuesday, and I will be gone on Thursday 31th. Wahoo!

This is my complete timeline;
Mailed N-400: 04/20/07
Priority Date: 04/23/07
Check cashed: 04/27/07
NOA1 date: 04/30/07
Recieved NOA1: 05/07/07
FP notice received: 05/14/07 (Notice Date 05/10/07)
FP date: 06/04/07
Interview letter mailed: 11/19/2007
Interview letter received: 12/24/2007
Interview date: 01/17/08
Oath date: 01/24/08
Applied for Passport: 01/25/08
Passport Pickup: 01/29/08 (I paid $157 to get a very fast passport processing, because I need to travel in 2 weeks or less than a week).

More info about middle name. I finally understand it. The USCIS will not put your middle name in the certificate if your middle name doesn't come when you were born. They put your name as they see on your birth certificate or passport. That means people who never have middle name before coming to the US and then decide to add it by yourself without any court authority, then they will not put the middle name in the certificate for you. If you have your middle name since you were born, then it's not a problem. And Seattle DO doesn't have a judge in duty to change name for you. That means even though you put the name you want to change to in the N-400 form, they still will not change it for you. You have to go to courts to change your name.

Good luck for all in waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
PDs list

Here's the updated one:

FlyingTurk - March 14
Seattlebear - March 23
Anakut - June 4
Sea_rp - July 20
Seattleliter - July 23
CrossHairs - July 25
Senga - Sept 17