Sealed Envelope

crazygc

Registered Users (C)
I have heard that in Mumbai they will give back the visa on the same evening. Here are some questions:
1. They give docs in a sealed packet. How can we verify that the docs are actually correct? i.e. have no typing errors, etc...
2. We would need the passport to board the plan from Mumbai. If the passport is also in the sealed packet, how is that going to work?
3. What docs do they give? Which ones are sealed?

Thanks for all your help guys...
The moment is very near! Please help

People with experience

People with experience - can u guys please answer this?
It will help a lot of us on what to be on the lookout for, and what not to do once we get the packet in hand?

Dont worry about the sealed envelop.

There will be a Temp Visa attached to the sealed envelop. Check that all the information are correct on the visa. The packet just contain all the forms and papers that you will submit at the time of youe interview. So do not worry about the packet - and dont even think of opening that packet. Visa is the only thing you are concerned with. However I do advise that before boarding the plane, take a copy of your visa (without opening the packet) because it contains your Alien #.

Passport is not part of the Visa Packet...

You get passport in hand along with the sealed envelop. The envelop has a colorful Visa attached to it that you have to show at airports everywhere they check for visas.

Make a copy of your Visa as it will be taken at the POE when INS stamps 551 in your passport

$$$$The visa is on top page which U can see $$$$$$

1. They give docs in a sealed packet. How can we verify that the docs are actually correct? i.e. have no typing errors, etc...

THE VISA IS ON TOP PAGE WHICH U CAN SEE AND IF THERE ARE ANY ERRORS TELL THEM BEFORE LEAVING

2. We would need the passport to board the plan from Mumbai. If the passport is also in the sealed packet, how is that going to work?

PASSPORT IS NOT IN THE SEALED ENVELOPE. THEY GIVE IT TO YOU AFTRE CANCELLING YOR H1B VISA

3. What docs do they give? Which ones are sealed?
ALL THE DOCS GIVEN TO THE CONSULATE ARE IN THE SEALED ENVELOPE

DONT WORRY ..THE WHOLE PROCESS IS SIMPLE AND ROCKS........