Scientific technician-TN -supervisor qualification

dipesh19

Hello ,I am biomedical engineering tech. from Canada with 10 years of experience and Canadian diploma in biomedical. I got job offer from US employer. I am qualified as per Scientific tech requirement but my question is about my manager qualification. I saw requirement that my manager has to have bachelors Degree. currently My manager has associate biomedical tech degree and bachelors in Allied science Hospital administration .with 25 years of biomedical hospital environment.
do I still qualify? I meet all other requirement from my side except manager qualification. Thank you.

In essence, your supervisor also has to qualify for his own TN, so his quals need to satisfy TN requirements (but not necessarily perfectly). He is your supervisor, so you will just have to try in any event.

In essence, your supervisor also has to qualify for his own TN, so his quals need to satisfy TN requirements (but not necessarily perfectly). He is your supervisor, so you will just have to try in any event.
Hello Nelsona, Thanks for reply. so If I were to look at that way then my supervisor has same qualification as me Associates degree with Biomedical engineering tech. with 25/30 years of experience.. plus Bachelors in Allied science hospital administration.. which is I guess not same as Bachelors in Biomedical engineering. In this case if he is applicant instead of me .. He would qualify to apply as same scientific tech Tn but again his supervisor needs Bachelors. but as an applicant he would qualify.

For my US employer manager associate degree in biomedical engineering tech , Bachelor in hospital administration plus experience of 25/30 years is ok? He must have to have Bachelors in Engineering or have to be Professional? cant we substitute experience and associate degree with Bachelors?

Thanks for help. Got my TN
Hi @dipesh19

Im also a Biomed ( Canadian education and Hospital work experience ), looking to migrate down to the States..I see you were able to secure a job thereby a TN...I have a few questions for you if you dont mind?

1) How was the job hunting process and being able to secure an offer with a US employer?
1) What sort of jobs were you applying to?
3) Are you hospital based or a Field Service?
4) For your TN, did you have any hustles at the border or was it simple and straight forward?

Im looking to switch over by the end of the year, any information you can share would be very much appreciated, thanks!

Hi @dipesh19

Im also a Biomed ( Canadian education and Hospital work experience ), looking to migrate down to the States..I see you were able to secure a job thereby a TN...I have a few questions for you if you dont mind?

1) How was the job hunting process and being able to secure an offer with a US employer?
1) What sort of jobs were you applying to?
3) Are you hospital based or a Field Service?
4) For your TN, did you have any hustles at the border or was it simple and straight forward?

Im looking to switch over by the end of the year, any information you can share would be very much appreciated, thanks!
hello Shamwari,
I applied like 10-15 jobs and I got response from employer. in a first initial conversation they will ask since u dont need sponsorship and in canada .. how u planing to work and then u can say about TN visa.
I am in hospital based.
At border officer wont give hard time if you have all of your papers in place.
If employer wants to hire you then they will defiantly help u with proper documentation for TN visa becoz Support letter has to be signed by Employer. I hired a Lawyer to help me with TN application Good luck