schengen /french visa denial

hurricanemd

Registered Users (C)
I really need the help, I know the forum is for US visa . I have a married sister living in India and have been wanting for her to come to US for a long time. In this process I was told that it would be easy to get Schengen visa first and once she and family have been to Europe , US visa ( tourist) should be easy , so i asked them to apply for the French visa ( along with my 70 year old parents who have been to US many times) ,they applied via agent to French Embassy but shockingly , both parents and sister and family visa were refused at French embassy in Delhi , saying info not reliable ( no other info , agent says they aRE ONLY GIVING VISAS TO PEOPLE GOING VIA GROUP TRAVEL)
i want feedback , i want to appeal this and the paper said , appeal to an address in France , please let me know if anyone can give a feedback , my parents have not been told what exactly did they find unreliable

You mentioned that your parents also applied for a French visa. Do they have a valid US visa?

Did they have a clear travel plan into France?

If your sister's goal is to travel to US, then she should apply for a US visa and meet all visa requirements. If she can demonstrate that her US visit is only temporary and she has stong ties to India (family, job, property, children, etc), there should be no problem getting a US visa.

Nmm4qm

You mentioned that your parents also applied for a French visa. Do they have a valid US visa?

Did they have a clear travel plan into France?

If your sister's goal is to travel to US, then she should apply for a US visa and meet all visa requirements. If she can demonstrate that her US visit is only temporary and she has stong ties to India (family, job, property, children, etc), there should be no problem getting a US visa.

my parents have 10 year multiple entry visa for US and have been to US many many times, sister has never been outside India , our her we were trying first for French visa and travel and then with travel history try for US ( next year)

You are not the first one to fall for this and you will not be the last one either. Certain European countires are very strict when it comes to issuing visitors visas. France has a huge problem with illegal immigrants and they tend to be very strict when it comes to issuing visit visas for applicants from certain parts of the world.
My advice for your sister would to be to solely concentrate on overcoming 214(b). A Schengen visa might just be an exercise in futility.

In this process I was told that it would be easy to get Schengen visa first and once she and family have been to Europe , US visa ( tourist) should be easy

You are not the first one to fall for this and you will not be the last one either. Certain European countires are very strict when it comes to issuing visitors visas. France has a huge problem with illegal immigrants and they tend to be very strict when it comes to issuing visit visas for applicants from certain parts of the world.
My advice for your sister would to be to solely concentrate on overcoming 214(b). A Schengen visa might just be an exercise in futility.
sorry what does 214(b) stand for , so far my sister has only been denied the Schengen at french embasssy saying " info not reliable"
one of the things some people are suggesting is to get a new passport made ( report first stolen ) and just apply for US tourist visa with big travel group , dont know if schengen and US embasssy databases cross check references

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligibilities/ineligibilities_1364.html#214b

sorry what does 214(b) stand for

Stay away from such people. Databases will cross-link all her previous attempts. Plus on her DS-160, she will need to mention all her previous visa attempts and denials

one of the things some people are suggesting is to get a new passport made ( report first stolen ) and just apply for US tourist visa with big travel group , dont know if schengen and US embasssy databases cross check references