Scheduled Interview Cancelled

auri

My wife and I received two separate notice letters on Sept 9 cancelling our previously scheduled interview on Oct 18 due to "unforeseen circumstances". They also said:

“We will advice you of any further action taken on this case, including any rescheduled interview information, under separate notice.”

Little concerned! Any thoughts on possible reason! Our DO is San Diego, California. ( Our all previous applications were with VSC)

PD: 05-16-05
FP: 07-21-05
Interview Notice date: 08-20-05
Original Interview Date: 10-18-05
ID: 10-18-05 (Got Cancelled)

auri said:
My wife and I received two separate notice letters on Sept 9 cancelling our previously scheduled interview on Oct 18 due to "unforeseen circumstances". They also said:

“We will advice you of any further action taken on this case, including any rescheduled interview information, under separate notice.”

Little concerned! Any thoughts on possible reason! Our DO is San Diego, California. ( Our all previous applications were with VSC)

PD: 05-16-05
FP: 07-21-05
Interview Notice date: 08-20-05
Original Interview Date: 10-18-05
ID: 10-18-05 (Got Cancelled)

Perhaps it is just that they have not received the A-files from VSC yet. I have read previously on other threads that sometimes there have been delays in receiving the A-files of applicants from other service centers. Lately, however, this issue of rescheduling interviews seems to be popping up on various threads.

Good luck!

I just got a letter from VSC with the exact same message about cancellation of interview.

Regards
Vicmac

I got a resheceduled letter the next day. The reschedule is for the following week in October.

Regards
Vicmac

I had scheduled an INFOPASS appt to know the status of my case. The immigration officer was very nice and shared a lot of good information. He said that they have formal directive from DHS to schedule appointments only after Name Check has been completed. So they are rescheduling appointments if they were already scheduled and Name Check was not completed.

He said they have been inundated with congressmen intervention into cases that have been approved contigent upon Name Check and in those cases they have only 120 days. He added that sometimes it takes more than that time to get a Name Check done and hence they have adopted this policy (I think, this way they are reducing their liablity of approving someone whose namecheck may not clear)

Good update

go_cp said:
I had scheduled an INFOPASS appt to know the status of my case. The immigration officer was very nice and shared a lot of good information. He said that they have formal directive from DHS to schedule appointments only after Name Check has been completed. So they are rescheduling appointments if they were already scheduled and Name Check was not completed.

He said they have been inundated with congressmen intervention into cases that have been approved contigent upon Name Check and in those cases they have only 120 days. He added that sometimes it takes more than that time to get a Name Check done and hence they have adopted this policy (I think, this way they are reducing their liablity of approving someone whose namecheck may not clear)

Thanks for the update. what is your timeline and DO?

Good update

go_cp said:

zzerous said:

DO: Kansas City
PD: 06/03/2005
FP: 08/30/2005
INFOPASS: 09/30/2005
Interview letter: Waiting

Excellent update go_cp

go_cp said:

Thanks for this wonderful update go_cp. It provides concrete answers to those speculating on the possible reasons for rescheduling of their interview. It also provides clue to those that are wondering waht happened to the interview long after their FP.

Sometimes it can just be a matter of not having adequate officers available for interviews on a given day. Interviews do get scheduled in advance and if there is a scheduling conflict or an officer(s) take time off, USCIS does reschedule the interviews.

At the minimum, you should go to the local DO and find out what's happening. If the A-file hasn't come from the Service Ctr., then ask them to request the A-file again. You can also send letters to the Service Ctr. to so the same in your case.

Infopass

I have scheduled an INFOPASS on 10/17/05 and will go and ask.

I have one question though: you said I can write to the service center...I thought that once the DO receives the file the Srvc Center won’t have any updates, it all becomes with the DO?

You can never be sure until, you have an interview that your file has reached the local DO. You should check with the local DO, if your file has come from the Service Ctr or not. If not, then writing to the Service Ctr won't hurt.

I found why they deschedualed my interview

sg_orl said:
You can never be sure until, you have an interview that your file has reached the local DO. You should check with the local DO, if your file has come from the Service Ctr or not. If not, then writing to the Service Ctr won't hurt.

I went to my DO and the oficer told me that they have not received my A-file which was the reason for the deschedualing.