Santa Ana (OC), CA Time Line

Can some one please kindly advise if I can take an early finger print on Buena Park FP center. I belong to Santa Ana USCIS office, but always get scheduled on Beuna Park FP center. now it is my 2nd finger print notice. My background check was cleared according to the IO during my last infopass visit. I want to trigger the next stage ASAP since I have been stuck by the background check for too long...

------------------------------------------------------
N-400 CSC
PD Dec 2006
1FP letter Dec 2006
1FP Jan 2007
2FP letter Aug 28 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
Completed OATH - Naturalized Citizen

Just wanted to state that I completed the Oath yesterday (August 28, 2008) at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Total time from waiting in line to leaving was from 11AM - 2PM or about 3 hours.

Some Insight:
1. There was no traffic and it took me less than an hour to drive about 38 miles North to the Los Angeles Convention Center.(405N --> 5N---> to the 10---> PICO Blvd)

2. There was a sign on the way to the Convention center stating to use the Los Angeles Street Exit, IGNORE it. Get off on PICO Blvd.

3. Park on the South Figueroa Street entrance right by the Staples Center. The parking is $20 but it is located right in front of the building. When exiting the Freeway, you will see a sign with CITIZENSHIP parking. I personally would not park here because it is far and you will wait in the LONG LINE with 90% of the other people.

4. DO NOT go find a line, Go inside the CC and Go ask the uniformed people where to wait for your specific appointment. For me, I had to wait in HALL B; which I am sure you would also. This is the SHORT LINE.

5. The reason I say to go inside is that there were thousands who were waiting in line at a different location around the building. This line had about 90% of the people in it. However, those who went inside the building and waited directly in HALL B were the first ones to get in and the first ones to get out.

6. DRESS CODE? I sure did not see a dress code. There were women who seemed like they had just left the street corner and others who wore suits. It was a mix of everything from Hoochies to Formal. If I had to do it over again, I would wear whatever I wanted. Shorts, Tanks and Flip-Flops included.

7. TIME? If you don't want to be, Don't be early. There were people still filing in after 12:30PM; however, they were the last ones to leave because they were the last ones in.

8. If you want to pay $145, you can get a Passport and you will be the first ones to get your certificates.

9. If you want a certificate holder, purchase from the guys on the street for $5 because they sell the same ones inside for $10.

10. There was also no traffic when leaving the building. I have no idea what other people had issues with.. Weird.

Just plan on being there an hour or so early, walk in and wait in line in HALL B because I am sure this is the same one that they will use again. It is the HALL that is on your left by Starbucks.

Good luck and enjoy....

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the oath letter today in the mail.
Oath scheduled on 12:00 PM Sept 26th at LA Sports Arena.
Time from interview to oath letter: 18 days.

f1gcquest...

Congrats... When I was there the LA Sports Arena was in the same area... so Good Luck and as I stated before, there is not need to leave too early. But remember "First In-First Out"...

As for the picture on the Certificate... It does not need to be signed... You also can sign the certificate when you get home.

Attorney needed...

Hello, I finally received my IL after almost 27 months of waiting.

I would like to bring a lawyer with me to the interview because of an old arrest. (no charges filed)

I am looking for a reasonably priced lawyer. I only need minimal help so I am looking for someone who can work with me on this. (I don't want to pay a set fee for the entire process)

I need:
- Him/Her to review my application. Incidently, my copy has been long lost due to computer HD crash, time etc. Does anyone now how I can get a copy of what I submitted without a lawyer? I assume a lawmyer can get it without issue. (1 hour)
- Him/Her to accompany me to the interview to monitor the line of questioning
(? hours)

Please PM me if you know of anyone...

Thanks!

SC

Santa Ana holds oath in LA. Here is a link to upcoming ceremony dates:

w w w . cacd . uscourts . gov/CACD/GenInfo.nsf/5f050bfbacb399fd882567c8005ad845/4e345f626837d38788256815005aa932?OpenDocument

(need 15 posts for a link.. lol.)

My first post in this forum. Timelines on my 2nd try at this N400 process are attached. It looks like things are moving rather quickly.