Santa Ana (OC), CA Time Line

JoeF said:
I had my interview today, in the Santa Ana office. It went well, I passed everything and now have to wait for the oath letter.
The appointment was for 12:05pm (why they do this 5 minutes past the hour only they know.) I was there around 11:30, and waited until about 12:15.
I originally didn't indicate a name change, but did that at the interview. The examiner then went through the application, confirming name, address, SSN, etc.
She didn't want to see any tax returns or tax transcripts. I had one more traffic ticket, and told her about it and showed her the ticket and the canceled check imprint. She didn't want to see any court documents.
I decided that I want the oath without the "So help me god" phrase at the end. For me, this is pretty much an issue of separation of church and state. Anyway, she asked a supervisor about it, and came back saying that this can't be removed from the oath. I was about to argue with her about that, since it is in the law (8CFR337). Her boss soon came by and corrected himself, so I am going to be able to say the oath without that phrase.
The 10 questions were from the list of questions on the CIS website, so no surprise there. The sentence I had to write was ridiculously short, "Today I am going shopping" or something like that.
The whole thing lasted about 45 minutes. She gave me the Interview Results letter and at around 1pm, I was out of there.
All in all, a smooth experience.

Congrat!!!! it is a good news

ocworker said:
I went to Court House in Santa Ana today. They told me they do not handle neturalization. They directed me to LA Court house. I spent another 1.5 hrs to drive to LA court house (with traffic). Talked with the guy on 3rd floor who handles the naturalization. I guess I did not use the right terms of what I was looking for. I said I should have the court order for my name change since I requested it on my N400 form. He said "What court order?".

Anyway, i showed him the green paper I got. He told me where I received it. I said i received it from the oath yesterday. He asked me, was it attached to the cert? I said no, i got it seperately. he looked into the green form. he said.. "here is your old name, here is your new name. that is it."

I said, "however, the form does not have the court house seal and the signature of the judge." He said, the seal is on the cert. He told me "didn't they tell you don't lost it. so, keep them safe and do not lost them". I asked him, "so, is it a legal document along with the naturalization cert". he said, "yes".

I am confused. I do not know I should trust him or not. I went up to see the judge who went to Oath yesterday. the clerk said she does not deal with naturalization at all. she asked me to go to 3rd floor to ask. she said they know more than she would.

i told her i went to 3rd floor already, and i told her what I was told. she said, then that was it.

I will look for a lawyer and ask for the advice. i hate to spend $$ on such issues when it is not my fault. (i would rather spend $$ on a lawyer for getting I-130 or I-129F done).

Any suggestions?

So, now after more than 4 months, did you find the answer?
Is the "green paper" the proof of name change, or you need another document?

Could you update the story of the name change proof for us, please :)

ocworker said:
I went to Court House in Santa Ana today. They told me they do not handle neturalization. They directed me to LA Court house. I spent another 1.5 hrs to drive to LA court house (with traffic). Talked with the guy on 3rd floor who handles the naturalization. I guess I did not use the right terms of what I was looking for. I said I should have the court order for my name change since I requested it on my N400 form. He said "What court order?".

Anyway, i showed him the green paper I got. He told me where I received it. I said i received it from the oath yesterday. He asked me, was it attached to the cert? I said no, i got it seperately. he looked into the green form. he said.. "here is your old name, here is your new name. that is it."

I said, "however, the form does not have the court house seal and the signature of the judge." He said, the seal is on the cert. He told me "didn't they tell you don't lost it. so, keep them safe and do not lost them". I asked him, "so, is it a legal document along with the naturalization cert". he said, "yes".

I am confused. I do not know I should trust him or not. I went up to see the judge who went to Oath yesterday. the clerk said she does not deal with naturalization at all. she asked me to go to 3rd floor to ask. she said they know more than she would.

i told her i went to 3rd floor already, and i told her what I was told. she said, then that was it.

I will look for a lawyer and ask for the advice. i hate to spend $$ on such issues when it is not my fault. (i would rather spend $$ on a lawyer for getting I-130 or I-129F done).

Any suggestions?

Hi ocworker,

Did you get the you name change paper with the Court Seal and the Judge signature?

Thank you.

Santa Ana Timeline

My wife and I were just approved at our interviews on Monday (2/27/2006).
Timeline is below. Just waiting on the oath ceremony now.

JoeF said:
I saw this on the news earlier today:
http://ktla.trb.com/news/local/la-me-sex23mar23,0,4360816.story?coll=ktla-newslocal-1
"A former immigration officer in Santa Ana has been arrested, accused of ordering a 29-year-old Vietnamese woman to have sex with him in exchange for approving her U.S. citizenship, officials said Wednesday."

Disgusting.

yea.. it is very disgusting, and that former immigration officer is 60 yrs old! D@mn.

by the way, i applied the immigrantion officer position but did not get it. mostly because of the experience (since they required to have at least 1 yr working experince in govt. or in INS for level 12 or 13...[can't remember the detail requirement thou])

Last edited by a moderator:
how long does USCIS generally take to cash checks and mail the NOA from the date they recieve the N400 application? any ideas 1 week 2 weeks 3 weeks?

sachinphadke said:
how long does USCIS generally take to cash checks and mail the NOA from the date they recieve the N400 application? any ideas 1 week 2 weeks 3 weeks?

It varies. In any normal situations, USCIS takes 14 business days to cash out a check for the processing fee for the application AND 10 business days to send out a Receipt Notice AFTER receiving the application (which is different from the date of mailing of the application). Otherwise it could take them up to 3 weeks at most.

Good Luck.

Oath Letter - Santa Ana

Hi everyone, I read thru this thread but a lot of the date are old now. I am looking for anyone with recent experience at Santa Ana.

I had my interview on Jan 9, 2007 and was wondering how long till i get the oath letter.

thanks

rjd said:
My wife and I were just approved at our interviews on Monday (2/27/2006).
Timeline is below. Just waiting on the oath ceremony now.

Santa Ana DO Timeline

Hi, looks like we don't have many timeline comparisons for the Santa Ana DO. Please post your timelines here for any processing in Santa Ana so we can all benefit from knowing how long it is curently taking. Here is mine:

N400 Fedexed: 2/21/07
Priority Date: 2/23/07
Checks Cashed: 3/02/07
FP Letter Received: 3/08/07
FP Scheduled: 3/21/07
IL Received: Not yet
IL Scheduled: Not yet
Oath Letter: Not yet
Oath Date: Not yet

Also, my case status never showed up online on the USCIS website. It just says "case retreival failed". Does anyone have experience with this?

Don't be confused by my username, I used to live in Chicago :D

Hi Justapplied,

If your FP was scheduled for 2/21 then how did you manage to get it done on 2/15. what is the procedure for that ? I am also scheduled for FP end of this month.. wanted to know if it can be expediated..

Service Center - CSC
DO - Santa Ana
Mail Date - 11/03/2006
Check Cash Date - 11/07/2006
Priority Data - 11/08/2006
FP Notice Recieved Date - 11/17/2006
FP Taken Date - 11/28/2006
IL Received Date - 03/12/2007
IL Date - 04/09/2007
Oath Letter: ... still waiting, waiting and waiting ...

i had my
n-400 mailed in -Feb, 2004 ,
FP -May-2004
Passed interview-July, 2004
Pending FBI name check

every few months i check through infopass app to see if i have missed something in the mail but all it shows pending name check and nothing to do but wait ....
any ideas on what to do next?

You need to file a lawsuit against USCIS. They will complete the process within 120 days of filing or have to show up in court to explain to a judge why they cannot grant you citizenship. My brother did it and got his Oath within 68 days.

There is lots of information on this forum regarding the lawsuit filing process.

Cheers.

Send gifts to faimly and friends in Pakistan through PakistanGiftsEmproium.com

VSUDAME,

Only now had a chance to reply.

If you go anyday to the fingerprinting center around (2.00 PM - santa ana center), and if they are not busy, they will accomodate non appointment also.

Hi, doesn't look like there are any updates for Santa Ana DO. Has anyone received any FP or IL notices lately?

N400 Fedexed: 2/21/07
Priority Date: 2/23/07
Checks Cashed: 3/02/07
FP Letter Received: 3/08/07
FP Scheduled & Taken: 3/21/07
IL Received: Not yet
IL Scheduled: Not yet
Oath Letter: Not yet
Oath Date: Not yet