Interview Sep 25 th 2003
Oath cermony Nov 19th 2003

Overall processing time about 1 year and 2 months

Thanks!

Thank you, cs1947 and CONGRATULATIONS!

My timeline in SJ

PD: 5/7/03
FD: 6/11/03
called FBI, cleared and sent back to INS on 6/12.

.... waiting for INS to figure out what to do next. I guess they will call me for an interview... some day:rolleyes:

Interview over, waiting for oath ceremony

San Jose office:
Date of Application: 27 Sept 2002
FP date: Nov 2002
Interview date: 20 Nov 2003

I passed the interview and the interviewing officer said that my oath ceremony will be at the end jan 2004. I haven't received the letter for oath ceremony yet. Any one in a similar situation?

How long does it take to get the oath letter in San Jose ?

My husband applied at the same time, but his interview is on 15 Dec.

xyzUser

xyzUser,

So you finally passed your interview... congratulations!

From what I know Oath Ceremonies are held every month in SJ.
I also didn't hear about Oath ceremonies being de-scheduled (only interviews :( )

Good luck! You are almost there!

oath ceremony location

Thanks GeorgeF.

Does any one know where the oath ceremony is held in San Jose area?

Cornerstone,
Thank you for the link. Looks like we may make the Jan 23 date for oath ceremony.

I have read the posts regarding delays due to name checks (for males) after the interview. However, none of my friends in San Jose area had the delays. Does this mean FBI name checks have improved considerably or the delays are rare and vast majority of cases have no delays and they don't post here? :) :)

xyzUser

My friends had their oath ceremony within 1 or 2 months of interview date, depending on whether their interview was in the first 2 weeks of the month or later. There seems to be a cut off around 10 th to get into the next oath date.

xyzUser

My husband's interview went smooth. It was scheduled for 9 AM. He went there at 8:30 and was called for the interview at 8:45 and the interview was over by 9:05. The officer verified the data in N-400 application; added 2 more short, foreign trips since the filing of N-400; noted change of employers; asked if he was in trouble with law ever (answered no).

Asked him to write the sentence 'I live in the state of California'. Gave a form with 10 questions, asked him to read and answer the questions. Told him he did a good job when my husband answered all 10 correctly. Then congratulated him and told him to wait for oath ceremony letter in the mail.

My husband and I took proof of residence (utility bills), IRS form 1722 for last 5 years etc. Other than Passport, Greencard and Driver's license, the interviewing officer didnot ask for any thing else.

Waiting for the final step in the process!

All the best to every one.

xyzUser

Oath ceremony letter received

All,
My hustband's interview was on 15th Dec. Today, he received the notification letter for oath ceremony to be held on Jan 23 at the US District Court, Civic Auditorium, San Jose.

He is asked to bring 1) this letter 2) green card 3) re-entry permit or refugee travel document 4) any immigration document he may have.

I have a few questions:
1. We have no re-entry permits (since each trip outside the US was always for 3 weeks at the most in a calendar year). So, do we just tell them that we have no re-entry permits?

2. Any immigration documents you may have. What do they mean by this? Copies of old I-20?

Those who have gone thru the oath ceremony, please respond (if you are still monitoring these boards ;-)

BTW, I passed my interview on Nov 20 (before my husband) and still waiting for the oath letter.

Thanks

xyzUser

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Oath ceremony letter received

Originally posted by xyzUser

I have a few questions:
1. We have no re-entry permits (since each trip outside the US was always for 3 weeks at the most in a calendar year). So, do we just tell them that we have no re-entry permits?

2. Any immigration documents you may have. What do they mean by this? Copies of old I-20?

1. Yes, tell them you did not require any. if you dont have any reentries, it is not applicable.

2. Any Paperwork you filed or that your employer filed. Any paperwork leading to your F1/H1 or GreenCard/Sponsorship etc. Take anything that you might consider useful. Does not hurt to be overprepared

Updated timeline for San Jose

These are the dates for self and spouse.

Date Applied: 27 Sept 2002
FP Date: yy Nov 2002
Interview: 20 Aug 2003 -- re-scheduled to 20 Nov and 15 Dec
oath ceremony: 23 Jan 2004 (for both)

Almost 16 months from start to finish (Assuming the oath ceremony doesn't get re-scheduled)

Got an interview letter!

Thanks xyzUser for posting your timelines and experiences.

On Dec, 30 a notice to appear for an interview was sent to me.

Here is my timeline for other waiting in SJ:

PD: 5/6/2003
FP: 6/11/2003
(Interview notice date 12/30/2003)
Interview date: 3/3/2004

The wheels are turning! Woooo-hooooo!:)

my time line

PD: 22 May 2003
FD 2 July 2003
Interview letter received 2 Jan 2003

Interview on 10 Mar 2004.

GeorgeF, pj007

Just curious... has your online status changed / disappeared?

Thanks

Yes it did. I can't tell you exactly when since I was out of town during that time and wasn't checking it.
It sure isn't there now.

Good luck to you!

GeorgeF

Thanks... so it is still the same... once the file is sent to the local office... online status is of no use!

Congrats to you... I guess things are moving very faster than what online USCIS timeline shows at San Jose

Time lines in Fresno, ca

Does anyone have an idea of what the timelines look like in Fresno CA?
RD 01/08/2003
FP 02/19/2003
Interview 05/17/03
Oath: Still waiting