SANGA can say it's APPROVED ND:1/25/03

Congratulations...

Congrats Sanga...
Enjoy your freedom...lets be in touch.I did my fP2 on 07/13 three days after yours...Hopefully I will get news soon...

take care...

Congrats!

I was hoping that ur the next to me b'use same ND filer. I am happy for that. U r the one of the active member of the forum and keep it up. Hope we should continue here for sharing info after GC things too. All the best.

I wish you could have done early FP2. With your India trip and all that, it's okay. We have seen approvals within 3-4 weeks after FP2 (very few at VSC). In many cases it being between 1-3 months.

Giving FP early or at different ASC is not a problem at all. We both gave FPs the most complex way possible and still we are thru together.

Get the FP2 done and give about 6-8 weeks before jumping on status checks :)

Good Luck.
-Sanga

PremChopra said:
Congratulations Sanga, I am very happy for you. I can understand the excitement, from now on you don't have to check the status all the time. You don't have to worry about EAD/AP etc.

Hope you will still be around for a little while for our scanning needs.

Enjoy the freedom, even though my dates are exactly like you till now I have not been able to do FP-2 now it's due on next wed.

Thanks for all the help

I am definitely hoping to see your approval very soon, Rajan.

There was another approval yesterday who gave FP2 on 7/13.
Goodluck!!

rajan_raj said:
Congrats Sanga...
Enjoy your freedom...lets be in touch.I did my fP2 on 07/13 three days after yours...Hopefully I will get news soon...

take care...

Congratulations!

Sanga,

Thank you for your help during the long hard time.
Now it was the history.

- KIH

SANGA SANGA SANGA you are history man! :)

People really felt that they got thier GC after seeing your approval.

Any way Congratulation and best of luck. :)

Both me and lawyer got the approval notices yesterday (9/13/04). We will wait couple of weeks before going for stamping.

Any of you know, if stamping is related to issuing cards? I mean if we delay stamping, does it delay the card processing?

Thanks,
-sanga.

Yes, by going to stamping i.e finger printing and filing form I-181 ( they do this ) you complete the procedure for processing the card. Otherwise it won't get processed.

If you read the approval notice carefully - it says that you need finish procedure for processing the card

Sanga said:
Both me and lawyer got the approval notices yesterday (9/13/04). We will wait couple of weeks before going for stamping.

Any of you know, if stamping is related to issuing cards? I mean if we delay stamping, does it delay the card processing?

Thanks,
-sanga.

Congratulations

Sanga!!
You are the one who Really Deserve Congratulations and Good Wishes for whatever you do in your Life!!
you are so good answering all the questions and giving tips whenver needed...you were the big ray of this forum
I was kind of sad when I did not see approval soon after mine, coz we both were going neck to neck right from the Stage one...

Anyway u deserve BIG CONGRATS dude!!

Have fun

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the information, gcinfo1971.
I am out of station and did not go through the approval notices yet :D .

I better get the stamping done earlier :)
-Sanga

gcinfo1971 said:
Yes, by going to stamping i.e finger printing and filing form I-181 ( they do this ) you complete the procedure for processing the card. Otherwise it won't get processed.

If you read the approval notice carefully - it says that you need finish procedure for processing the card

Thank you Dependent.

You were a bit ahead to me on ND (and FP2 schedule date) about 20 days and I got my approval after about 25 days of your's. Not bad at all :)

This is what (caring for each other on this forum) kept us all going thru the rough times with unprecedented CIS delays.

Hope you are enjoying your Freedom.

dependent said:
Sanga!!
I was kind of sad when I did not see your approval soon after mine, coz we both were going neck to neck right from the Stage one...

Anyway u deserve BIG CONGRATS dude!!

Have fun

BADHAI HO BADHAI.........

You were great help during LC pending stage to many. Thanks for all your post over the years.

I hope you will continue guiding members.

Sanga said:
With pleasure I'm announcing that both of our I-485s are approved today, on 9/8/04............

Thank you all and wish the rest of you all very speedy approvals.
-Sanga.

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally in most of the cases, if primary is approved, then all dependents cases also gets approved at the same time probably in a day or two.

But since your spouse case is still pending almost from 2 weeks, you should call the NCSC- 1800 number and enquire about her case and also give a call to your local representative and explain them and see if they can help.

BTW. Did you file all the documents like Medical, Birth Certificate etc of your spouse ? If not then this might be one of the reasons for the delay.
krsn1 said:
Hi:
My I-485 got approved on 09/03/04.
My wife's still pending! We both applied together in one package and did both fingerprints together at Boston.
Does anyone know how long is the usual lag between the approval of principal applicant and derivative applicant?
Thanks for your help and support!
Goodluck and God Bless!
-krsn1

Krsn1,
You can find out who is your congressman/woman by going on the website www.house.gov and by typing your residence zipcode.

There might be different reasons why your spouse might not have been approved. Just as you have said, since she is from Russia, they might be doing more check which I am not 100% sure. What you can do is try to find out whether her FP Name Check is done or not by Faxing the letter to the Name check department and you also check the message posted today by Jinnah M and you can chat with him and get more details. Hope this helps.

You should actually chat in the thread which is relevant to your issue rather than some other thread as you can gain from others experiences.

Sanga, I wish to congratulate on your approval and wish you good luck for the life ahead