San Jose Tracker - Through USC marriage

rera said:
Good luck with interview!

The interview went fine. It got over within five mins. We are married close to five years and we have a son, we all three went for the interview, my son is 19 months old so he took some time in settling, he started playing with the officer and gave him a hi-fi. So, the officer had no questions. After basic introductions and hand shankes. He told me, your case is already approved and I understand you have only one child, I just need to see your son's birth certificate. I gave him that, then he asked when did we marry? and my birth date? That's it. After all these things, he said you have a very common name and is pending for FBI background check. He gave me a letter and said, you don't need to come for anything, we will send you an approved letter as soon as your name is cleared and it this might take from couple to four months :eek: Can't help it, I have to wait.

This forum is beautiful and thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. Everyone who reads these forums should realize that it's a must to put down your experiences here. It really really helps.

i-485/765 acknowledgement??

I dropped off my wife's application on 2/18/05 at the SJ drop box and my checks were cashed around 3/10/05. With respect to my 765 what is my app date. According to the USCIS website they are currently processing 765 apps upto 3/17/05.

Is one supposed to get a receipt notice for the application. Is there some place that I can check the status of the case? Thanks
Ram

Rira

Hey RIRA,

You didn't mention how was your interview at san jose????

Please post your experience!!!

Thanks.

Bally

Last edited by a moderator:
gc_proc said:
Hi Rera,

How was your interview yesterday ?

Sorry, did not have a chance to post till today.
My interview was similar to yours, successful but not approved because of FBI name check.

Our interview was at 8:00am. we came in as suggested 45 minutes earlier(about 7:20). There were other people waiting for interview but surprisingly we were called first.
We had all the required documents you can image(required original papers, health/car insurance, bills, joint account, photos, other supporting documents). Officer compared originals with copies submitted in 485/130 package, took some documents confirming 'bonafide marriage'.

As advice make sure you have all possible documents supporting your case with you even though they may seem irrelevant :), for example officer checked that medical exam was done by recommended medical surgeon - have a print of surgeon address from uscis website. Try to avoid making officer looking for additional information elsewhere, just feed him all the information he asks for.
Our impression was having kids outweights other supporting documents, it's almost guarantee of approved case.

After checking papers and asking different questions(how long do you know each other, when did you start seeing e/o, etc) he said that he would approve our case but cannot do this because my fbi name check is not ready and it might take another 2-3 months to get it done. He mentioned that 'this year situation is better than last year when a lot of cases were not approved because of pending name checks". Once uscis will receive name check results my case will be approved.

At the end we were given a paper saying that case is pending for fbi name check.

Thanks everybody for care and asking about me :)
Next stage is getting this name check done.

rramak said:
I dropped off my wife's application on 2/18/05 at the SJ drop box and my checks were cashed around 3/10/05. With respect to my 765 what is my app date. According to the USCIS website they are currently processing 765 apps upto 3/17/05.

Is one supposed to get a receipt notice for the application. Is there some place that I can check the status of the case? Thanks
Ram

Ram,
Fact that your checks were cashed usually means that all your documents were quickly reviewed and accepted. IIRC you should get your EAD letter soon. If you will not receive it in next 2-3 weeks you can schedule INFOPASS appointment to ask officer regarding your case. Copies of your cashed checks should have a stamp containing your alien number (A#) that is used throughout entire aos process. You can use it as a case number. To my knowledge there's no online lookup for the case status.

ps. Check timeline for other people in this thread.
pps. You filed before april 1st so your case should be processed locally instead of redirected to Chicago NBC(see news at San Jose district office page).

Plastic card

Hello friends,

does anybody know, how long it takes to get GC Card.

Thanks

Bally

How long it takes to get the card

Hi everybody, finally I received the approval letter from San Jose office. How long does it take to receive the card after approval letter? Letter says several months. but is that true really? I know people are getting the card within a week when the approval comes from NBC.

any experience, anybody?

Thank you

romit said:
Hi everybody, finally I received the approval letter from San Jose office. How long does it take to receive the card after approval letter? Letter says several months. but is that true really? I know people are getting the card within a week when the approval comes from NBC.

any experience, anybody?

Thank you
It shouldn't take much time. My father-in-law got his card in 7 days after receiving the letter. Congrats anyway. I have a question: How much time did it take to receive this letter after the interview? I'm also in the same situation. I got interviewed on 12th April, officer said everything's fine except for the FBI name check. So, when should I expect my clearance?

gc_proc said:
It shouldn't take much time. My father-in-law got his card in 7 days after receiving the letter. Congrats anyway. I have a question: How much time did it take to receive this letter after the interview? I'm also in the same situation. I got interviewed on 12th April, officer said everything's fine except for the FBI name check. So, when should I expect my clearance?

Thank you for the info. My interview was on January 13th, 2005.
I did not hear anything from them until last month I took an infopass appt. and asked them about my status. They told me the same thing the officer told me at the interview.

Now I received this great news.

gc_proc said:
Any updates on the name check? i'm still waiting, it's close to 5 months now.

No, it's still the same. I'm e-filing renewal for EAD right now, and plan to visit San Jose USCIS and start pinging FBI/congresman, etc...

Pending on FBI name checking since 2003

Hello,

I filed my I-130/I-1485 to INS San Jose office. So far, it has been pending 32 months because of FBI name checking.

Any body filed I-130/I-485 in 2003 to INS San Jose office is still on waiting list?

Oct2003

Name check cleared!!

I am married to a USC and had applied in Dec. 2003. I went to the San Jose USCIS office today right after my second fingerprinting yesterday. I was informed by the officer that the reason I got the fingerprinting notice was because my name check had just been cleared. So I guess as I was about file a lawsuit things seemed to have worked out.

Does anyone know how long does it take to get the GC after name check clearance? Heres my timeline:

applied I-485 - 12/2003
fingerprinting - 2/2004
interview - 4/2004 (approved pending name clearance)
biometrics - 2/2006
fingerprinting - 10/2006
name clearance 9/2006
waiting for G/C

Any Recent San Jose DO filers?

Reviving this old thread.
Any 130/485/765 filers with location in San Jose DO?
I am wondering if SJ DO takes slower, average, or faster processing time than other DOs.

Just found this thread again. See my timeline below.
Looking at the processing times, the USCIS info, and some other sources (e.g. trackitt), SJ seems to be among the DOs with a little longer waiting times. Guess it's all those Silicon Valley people applying... ;)