San Jose Stamping

ambit

Registered Users (C)
I went to SJ INS office this morning for the GC stamping. It's absolutely true as some people posted on this forum before, I-485 approval notice is deemed as the appointment letter.

I arrived at 6:45 AM, was the third place in the appointment line. Allowed to get in at 7:00 AM, got number 3; headed out of the building at 7:45 AM with the stamped passport. The entire process was smooth.

You need:

1. I-485 Approval Notice
2. Original and valid I-94 (maybe attached on your H-1B approval notice)
3. Orignial and valid passport
4. 2 ADIT photos
5. EAD and AP (if any)
6. Driver License (for the security check)

HTH.

Originally posted by ambit
You need:

1. I-485 Approval Notice
2. Original and valid I-94 (maybe attached on your H-1B approval notice)
3. Orignial and valid passport
4. 2 ADIT photos
5. EAD and AP (if any)
6. Driver License (for the security check)

HTH.

I don't think valid I-94 is a requirement. Many people have expired I-94, with status of AOS pending.

Is it OK to take the I485 approval notices which are just the courtesy copies and not the originals. The originals go to the attorney.

what is 'orignal notice' of 485 approval

i have received the 485 approval notice (regular INS document with seals). It mentions that an orignal notice has been sent to my lawyer and i should take the orignal to INS for stamping.

Can i use the notice i have recieved as the orignal notice or should i wait till my lawyer receives the notice and then sends it to me?

its been 3 weeks since the approval has come through but my lawyer has not received anything from INS yet.

any suggestions?
thanks,

I thik you can just use your own copy. That's what a few my friends did without any trouble.

Your case is different from mine. I used the original one because only my lawyer got the letter, and I still didn't. Weird enough, I checked with the INS and confirmed that they had my correct address...

How long did it take for you to get the receipt notices, after INS status, changed to the receipt notices were mailed?

A question about ADIT photos

Ambit,

The same photos we had taken while applying for I485 will do? (we have the negatives of those)

I am not sure. Some of my friends just took the same photo taken for the I-485 application, and no problem. I took the new one since it's been more than 1.5 year from my application. INS people wouldn't check that, as long as your appearance doesn't change much...