San Jose Stamping Details

tonymontana

Registered Users (C)
Me and my wife stamped our passports at San Jose this week.

Notes from stamping
===================

* InfoPass is a *must* for getting in.
* Will only let you in 15 minutes before the InfoPass apptmt time.
* Single InfoPass apptmt for family.
* No need for second photo ID, passport is fine, in case of spouse with no DL
* Leave camera phones, food and drinks in the car.
* Right the A# and name behind the photos
* Waiting hall has enough chairs, and clean restrooms.
* Finger print is not electronic, but done with an ink pad
* Only right hand index finger print taken
* You have to sign in a very small area on the I89 form
* No extra fees or application forms required.

Documents ( all originals )
===========================

* Passport ( not expiring soon )
* I-94 from last port of entry, and any newer ones from H1B1/H4 aprovals.
* I-485 approval, either the courtsey copy or the one from the lawyer.
* All Employment Authorisation cards ( EAD )
* All Travel Documents ( Advance Paroll )
* 2 regular passport style photos, not the old ADIT style side ones

Since all originals are submitted, I made a copy of all the
documents (scanned images) for my records.

Stamp details
=============

-------------------------
AXXXXXXXX

PROCESS FOR I-551.
TEMPORARY EVIDENCE OF
LAWFUL ADMISSION FOR
PERMANENT RESIDENCE
VALID UNTIL
OCT XX 2005
EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED.

COA E27
POE WSC
DOE XX-XX-2004
SNJ/ /Date XX-XX-2004

I-485 approved
I89 processed
WAC-03-XXX-XXXXX

-------------------------

( Stamp is in bold, italics are hand written )

The dates in our stamps
=======================

Valid Until: Exactly one year from stamping date
DOE: The day of approval
SNJ Date: The stamping day

After stamping
==============

* Verify the A#, WAC# in the stamps before leaving.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADIT vs regular photos

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the detailed info.

Our 485 approval letters say we need ADIT style photos. What does yours say? We are confused about which type of photos we need to take.

Thanks,
Swamy

My approval form also says ADIT pictures.... and I just took them yesterday... have appt tomorrow... dont plan to take frontal pictures? will that be a problem? I dont understand how they can reject ADIT pic when my approval based only on last week says ADIT pics

Frontal pics necessary

Dudes,

You dont need the adit style photographs. If you have doubts, carry a pair of each. But frontal pics are must. You will end up wasting ur appointment if you dont carry them.

Just did my stamping today morning. Not much crowd at 7.30 am in San Jose. Everyone was very cordial and got stamped for 3 of us in 30 minutes. Tony has provided all the details so nothing much to add.

Good luck to all the guys who are waiting and hopefully everyone in this forum get their GC's before Christmas/New Year.

Frontal Pics for staming.,

Please make sure a copy of both when you go for stamping as i think even though the approval notice says ADIT sytle they take only frontal pics at the time of stamping.

I had both when i went for stamoing and the officer picked the frontal ones.She much appreciated that i had come very prepared and organized for the stamping.

Stamping question

Thanks to TonyMontana and others for putting togather such a comprehensive info on stamping in SJC.

I have an I-94 from Port of Entry stapled to my passport. Later, I got several H1 extensions. Do I have to tear the bottom right portion of the I-94 from H1 approvals and staple them to the I-94 from port of entry ?

I have to go for stamping tomorrow early morning. Any information on this will be really helpful.

Thanks,

Wait4

Thanks to TonyMontana for the details. I was going to post a thread to ask about the details as my I485 just got approved.
Thanks again.

Hi Wait4, Take the I-94 from the last port of entry, and the I-94 from the *latest* valid H1B1 or H4 approval notice. ( teared out from the bottom right of the approval notice ).

Congrats and all the best for stamping !

Thanks TonyMontana for your suggestion. I did stamping today morning. It took less than 30 minutes. I gave my port of entry I-94 and the I-94 from the the bottom right portion of the very latest H1 approval only.

-wait4

san jose stamping.....no i-89

i just got my passport stamped with i-551, but the officer did not asked for EAD , AP or I-94 ; also he did not performed I-89 or ADIT ; is that going to delay in processing my green card??....i do remember that when i did my interview 3 years back the officer had me sign and index finger on a small sized white paper within a plastic frame....is that I-89????

thanks in advance for inputs.