San Jose FP Waiters Thread - Part 2

Spoke to an IIO regd non-receipt of FP notice

She couldn\'t speak English too well, but this is what I could capture. She asked for the case #, looked it up in the computer, and said "Something has been ordered, and that they haven\'t received the results back yet" I asked her "what results? i haven\'t even got the notice yet". She kept on harping the same tune that \'it\' has been ordered and usually it takes few days after that.

Can anyone make sense of this? Thanks.

_this

AVM Says FP results Reviewed and Processing Resumed

I heard the Change in the FP Processing AVM. Last time it said FP results received.
Now it says FP Results reviewed and Processing resumed. so looks like things are moving.

message changes

just called the 949 number again, the voice message says:"On 05/22/02, the review for finger print I-485 were received,process has been resumed on your case.....".
But I remember last week, it says : "On 05/11/02, the results for finger print I-485 were received,process has been resumed on your case.....".
what is the change means?
Anybody else has the same situation?
Thanks

What\'s going on??? ND: 03/14 and no FP yet!

IIOs say that I should fax in an inquiry. The letter requires attorney\'s signature. Attorney refuses to co-operate saying that they won\'t do it till 180 days have elapsed!! Frustrating, to say the least!

_this

Lawyer received my FP notice

If I receive it from him today, then I am planning to go for FP today to SJC. It took 12 days for the lawyer to receive it.

I spoke to an IIO on Thursday. She verified that my address on file is correct. She asked me to call back by Tuesday(2 days past two weeks) if I didn\'t receive it. Then she would ask an officer to resend the FP notice. Very polite and helpful.

this_processing_killsme, karlk - try calling the IIO again. You may reach someone helpful.

Received FP notice 05/31/02

485 MD 05/03/02 RD 05/06/02, ND 05/06/02
 FP sched date 06/27/02
 Planning to go for early FP

IIOs - a new story everytime!

These "Ignorant Immigration Officers" are really something. I have tried my luck to get a knowledgeable officer, but in vain. Half of the IIOs can\'t speak English (and they represent INS!), and the other half are zombies reciting what they see on their computer screens with no insight into the Whys and Hows of INS processes.

I am going to wait another month (because this time some IIO told me that my FP was "approved and ordered" [whatever that means!] and I should get it in 3-4 weeks) before starting to harass my lawyer to send in fax inquiries.

My understanding is that the applicants have to go through some kind of security/background checking before their FP notices are issued. Some IIO also said (if I am to believe him) that the request to issue the FP notice is made the same day they recieve the 485 application.

_this

FBI says FP results sent on 5/30

No AVM update on AOS ("fingerprint notice was sent blah")
No AVM update on EAD ("application received blah..120 to 140 days")

No Title

this_processing_killsMe,
I don\'t want to comment about other things that IIOs told you but, I believe that the last statement is true i.e."FPs are scheduled on the same day (ND) the INS entered your data into INS system based on your RD, FPLocation"! I guess they print FP notice at a centralized location automatically on the same day as ND, and then the envelope will be just waiting until predefined date to be mailed. That\'s the reason if address is changed inbetween (evnethough one updated INS system) still it is sent to the old address! One of my friend changed his address and had to gothrough lot of things to finally get his FP. Later after 6 weeks he received old FP notice (that was sent to his old address earlier and sent back to INS) in a different envelope. By looking that envelope and date stamps I came to above conclusion.

Goodluck
PCee

PCee pl. update, fp done but...

today I finished fp as shecduled, i have question. for all nine fingers i got "pass" but for pinky finger i got "small". they made me do fp again for pinky finger still the same result. they said its alright you can go now. is it okay? anybody has similar experience?