San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

I don't see the answer to passport application question in post#4631. Just to repeat - Does anybody know if we could apply for passport immediately after oath ceremony at Campbell heritage theater?

I went through the ceremony in Campbell in late July. There was no facility to apply for a passport.

I went through the ceremony in Campbell in late July. There was no facility to apply for a passport.

I attended the ceremony yesterday. There was an option to apply for passport. But they were accepting passport forms given in a gray envelop during interview. I didn't receive any envelop after interviews and hence I couldn't apply there. I had a filled in form from web site but they refused to accept that and asked me to apply in post office instead.

We went to get our fingerprints done this morning, and our appointment was at 8 am. We arrived at about 7:40, and there were about 15 people lined up at the door for 8 am appointments. We were let in promptly at 8 am, filled out a form, then went to a separate area for fingerprinting - with about 5 people in front of us. We were finished by about 8:40.

Status update for myself and my husband:

09/07/2010 - N-400 sent to Phoenix
09/08/2010 - N-400 received
09/14/2010 - Checks cashed
09/16/2010 - NOA received
10/01/2010 - RFE email received
10/02/2010 - RFE letter received
10/22/2010 - FP appointment scheduled
10/22/2010 - FP done

Hi
I did not notice any PP person/facility there, and I did not receive any PP application package during/after the interview either.

Thanks

Hi
I did not notice any PP person/facility there, and I did not receive any PP application package during/after the interview either.

Thanks

In my case, they asked folks applying for passport to stay in the room and called them in batches to accept their applications. I'm still not sure why all of them got these so called envelops with special passport applications while almost everyone I asked around never received anything.

Where was your interview held?

We just went for our fingerprint appointment at 122 Charcot Ave in San Jose. Is this only a location for fingerprints? I didn't see anything else being done there but fingerprinting. Is there a different location for the interviews?

Hi
Interview was done, passed the test and recommended for approval.
Was told that the OL will arrive within couple weeks.
Hopefully will be scheduled for the one on 18th next month.
From filing to interview = about 2 months and 3 weeks.

Thanks

Where was your interview held?

We just went for our fingerprint appointment at 122 Charcot Ave in San Jose. Is this only a location for fingerprints? I didn't see anything else being done there but fingerprinting. Is there a different location for the interviews?
Hi
For San Jose DO, the interview will be held in the San Jose Office in Montery Rd. while the oath ceremony will be held in Campbell Heritage Theater or sometimes somewhere else.

Status update for myself and my husband:

09/07/2010 - N-400 sent to Phoenix
09/08/2010 - N-400 received
09/14/2010 - Checks cashed
09/16/2010 - NOA received
10/01/2010 - RFE email received
10/02/2010 - RFE letter received
10/22/2010 - FP appointment scheduled
10/22/2010 - FP done
10/26/2010 - Email received - case sent to local office
10/27/2010 - Interview letter
12/02/2010 - Interview date

Received interview letter yesterday for 12/13/2010, for San Jose DO. I live in south Fremont, which is in Alameda county, so technically I should have been assigned to SF DO, but San Jose DO is definitely closer and more convenient, so no complaints

This is 5 days before my 3-year mark, so they can't approve on the same day I guess.

Timeline:
GC: 12/2007
DO: San Jose
10/04/2010 Sent N-400 by USPS express mail
10/05/2010 N-400 received according to USPS
10/08/2010 Check cashed
10/11/2010 USCIS E-mail notification & text msg confirming receipt of the filing
10/11/2010 Online case status shows that filing was received on 10/5
10/15/2010 Online case status changed to RFE notice mailed
10/18/2010 Received NOA in the mail
10/20/2010 Biometrics notice received (for 10/28)
10/28/2010 Biometrics done
11/05/2010 Online message changed to: Transferred to local office
11/10/2010 Received interview letter for 12/13/2010 at San Jose DO

Has any one ever gotten same day oath at the San Jose DO?

Our interview date is Dec 2 and my daughter turns 18 on Dec 8. She is in college in Texas, and doesn't have the flexibility to get to the fingerprinting/interview appointments. (She lives in College Station, so I'm not sure whether her case would be in Houston or Dallas). It would be much easier if she was naturalized through us.

Would bringing a lawyer with us help get a same day oath?

Our interview date is Dec 2 and my daughter turns 18 on Dec 8. She is in college in Texas, and doesn't have the flexibility to get to the fingerprinting/interview appointments. (She lives in College Station, so I'm not sure whether her case would be in Houston or Dallas). It would be much easier if she was naturalized through us.

It is best for her to be naturalized with you. A lawyer won't speed the oath ceremony, but if the DO has same day oath and you conclude the interview ahead of scheduled oath, and you indicate to the IO the situation with your daughter, I am certain they could accommodate you. Remember that your daughter won't be sworn-in as a citizen, but she will merely get a US passport. This means that as soon you receive your naturalization certificate you head straight to the post office, apply for your passport and hers, before she turns 18 and she will be set with US citizenship.

Hi
It is not often to hear that there is any same day oath in Sna Jose., but sometimes to hear about the same day OL. There is one on Nov. 18. Next one looks like in Jan. 2011. Please refer to the following;-
http://www.ci.campbell.ca.us/heritagetheatre/events.htm